Web Developer - Frontend/Backend
ICSS AB is looking for a well rounded software engineer to join our Operations team to provide support to our flagship project: alaTest.
Do you like working in a company with diverse technology and multiple ongoing projects? Does working with multiple technology stacks both in the backend and frontend sound challenging and interesting?
This role will work in 3 primary areas:
- Database: MySQL data management to find, edit and analyse millions of records
- Backend: Maintain, optimize, bugfix multiple data driven projects
- Frontend: Website and widgets maintenance and support
ICSS was founded in 2005 as the pioneer of the reviews and product aggregation sector. We collect, structure, match, analyze, present and syndicate product and review data, globally.
Our team is diverse, currently hailing from every continent except Antarctica. We welcome all nationalities and backgrounds - provided that you are legally employable in Sweden. Our company language is English.
- Help identify, debug and fix problems within our various production projects
- Maintain and tweak our public websites
- Occasionally interface with customers as technical support
- Leverage our entire platform to perform distributed information extraction, retrieval and data processing
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Plan, design, develop and deploy auxiliary tools and projects
Our production platform has been reliable over the past years and while the primary responsibility in this role is to provide support in keeping it running, there are multiple improvements and brand new development in the pipeline leveraging the latest technologies. In this role you could be additionally involved in those processes depending on your skills and interests.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Ability to work with production legacy code (bugfix, extend, optimize etc..)
- 1+ years of software development in any web technology
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX, HTTP, HTML, and some networking
- Basic MySQL operations and data manipulation skills (procedures, views, joins, grouping etc..)
- Basic Linux server administration (forensics, bash, file management, security etc..)
- Good communication in spoken and written English
- Availability to work full time in our Stockholm HQ
Bonus points for:
- Solid Python knowledge
- Basic to intermediate Java knowledge
- Familiarity with web hosting and code deployment
- Intermediate to advanced MySQL skills
- Intermediate to advanced Linux knowledge
- Basic GCP experience
alaTest was founded in 2005 and we have been at the forefront of the reviews and product aggregation sector. We collect, catalog and warehouse data as well as write software to manipulate, present and share it. We are a diverse team, currently hailing from every continent except Antarctica.
Together with European insurance services provider VanAmeyde.com we developed a cloud based product appraisal tool ValueChecker.net, that is now quickly becoming popular in InsurTech. alaTest headquarters is in Central Stockholm with beautiful view over the Riddarfjärden, Old Town and City Hall.
ValueChecker is a revolutionary product expert tool for the Insurance industry. It enables fast, simple and credible identification, valuation and depreciation of product claims. ValueChecker builds upon the technology and experience gained by alaTest since 2005 in the field of consumer product information. We welcome all nationalities and backgrounds - so long as you are legally employable in Sweden. Our company primary language is English.
If you have what it takes, look forward to challenges and want to join our team, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer
Our team works with a variety of technologies, offering the possibility to get involved in both new development and maintaining core technologies. We offer a great place to grow, with a great view of the Old Town and even better coffee!
Our working language is English and it is NOT required that you speak Swedish. The position is a full-time employment, located in our office In central Stockholm.
Please send your application in English with a short personal introduction and CV to email@example.com.
Please reference 'Web Developer - Frontend/Backend' in the subject line.
We do require a small coding challenge to be completed by all applicants that pass the first review round.
ALL APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH.
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN SWEDEN.