NENT is a highly innovative and technology driven organisation with a large content portfolio and a track record of building and operating international media platforms including Viaplay, Viafree and Viasat. Data is a central part of the organisation and a cornerstone to our future success. Data is not only used as a part of decision making and reporting but also in product development where we focus on building personalised and data driven experiences.
We are looking for a strong leader to guide and manage our teams of talented data scientists and engineers and to build awareness of data best practises across the wider NENT organisation. The role works closely with all parts of the group and liaises reporting requirements with finance teams, agrees KPIs with commercial stakeholders and defines data driven product features with the product team. The VP of Data Science is responsible for the NENT wide data platform that supports efficient data flows, innovative machine learning models and a state-of-the-art Tableau installation.
The VP of Data Science drives the data vision, strategy, and execution and reports to the Group Chief Product and Technology Officer. He or she is accountable and responsible for data quality, information protection, data governance and for evangelising on how to best use data in every day operations. A close interaction with business stakeholders is essential to understand their needs, communicate vision and roadmap, give updates on progress, and most importantly ensure delivery of relevant solutions to the business.
The challenge ahead
The individual is expected to execute the following tasks:
- Set a vision and strategy for Data Science & Data Engineering focused on customer and business value
- Evangelise the use of data and analytics in decision making across the group
- Set and execute a road map for Data Science by collaborating with relevant stakeholders across the group
- Establish and execute a plan for Data Science that allows various business units to leverage machine learning
- Recruit and grow a talented team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Managers
- Lead analytics and reporting teams with a spectrum of skills all the way from data visualization, exploratory analysis and advanced statistical models
- Guide and evangelize the development of data driven products and services
What we are looking for
We see that you are a seasoned leader in the data science area and experienced in creating visions and strategies in how data can be used across all parts of the organisation.
- Track record of leading teams as well as keeping associates engaged, curious and in constant learning
- Team player that works well with peers from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence people inside as well as outside his or her own team
- Strong ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Domain expertise for all relevant aspects of Data Science
- Ability to work across data and analytics to triage and holistically prioritise requests across all data domains
- Strong coaching skills and long-term career guidance for managers and employees
- A strong passion for data science, coupled with deep desire to adapt machine learning technologies to secure business growth
- 8+ years’ experience building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring teams, with a proven track record of leveraging data to drive business results
Join us today!
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’).
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.