Want to drive digital change in automotive?
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to redefine the automotive customer experiences through digital technology. While Volvo is pushing the boundaries on several fronts – autonomous driving, vehicle electrification, cutting-edge vehicle engineering design, and more – some of the most exciting action is happening in our Consumer and Enterprise Digital Group.
This role is within our Consumer Commercial Digital Products team, which is using digital to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There’s no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission. This is a rapidly growing team, and we are looking for outstanding people who will be some of the earliest hires in their function, helping to establish it at Volvo Cars.
What you’ll do
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will oversee a project area and drive the process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of design and research skills, and you will own the experience for your projects. You will work collaboratively as part of a dedicated product team, alongside a product owner, software engineers, analysts and part of a broader UX design community.
Main responsibilities include:
- Deliver key design artefacts such as storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and visuals that balance design aesthetics with intuitive functionality
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer needs and pain-points, serving as an expert for your product team and develop ideas for new and enhanced features
- Communicating designs, ideas, and opinions with your stakeholders and team using data and customer insights
- Collaborate with other designers to help raise the bar, impart knowledge and ensure a seamless customer experience
Do you fit the profile?
To be successful in this role, you need to have 6+ years of experience designing across platforms in a product design field. You should possess a thoughtful design process that drives collaboration and validate new ideas with data and user insights.
You also need to have:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates how your mastery of experience design has led to or improved real-world digital experiences
- Strong interaction design skills that make the complex seem simple, elegant and usable
- Great visual design skills, with an innate attention to detail for typography, color, layout, use of imagery and animation
- Exceptional communication skills, with a tailored approach to suit the audiences
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and large-scale software development cycles
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision and other emerging design applications
- Experience with UX writing, design languages, branding, materials, and textures are all a plus
Who are you?
We are looking for a strong team player with great cross-functional collaboration skills that can help teams gain consensus and deliver on a shared vision. You need to be able to build and maintain a healthy design culture together with the design team and partners. You need a healthy curiosity and want to learn about the people you design for, the capabilities technology brings and finding the best tools for the job.
Show, don’t tell
Applicants must provide a portfolio of work as a PDF or website link.
How to learn more and apply
For questions regarding the position or the recruitment process please contact recruiter, Ulrika Karlsson at email@example.com Please submit your application by September 30, 2018. Applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automotive industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.