About the Unit
Yara is looking for a Terminal Manager to run our Crop Nutrition Terminal in Norrköping. We are stepping up the terminal which means that this position requires a strong leadership with great people skills and a solid, forward thinking mindset.
The Terminal Manager is responsible for driving operational excellence at the terminal, including production, inspection and maintenance by building and driving a strong and highly motivated team to deliver on the excepted business results. The terminal is part of Yara's logistics unit, where terminal operations are located in several locations in Sweden and Denmark. The Terminal Manager will report to Regional Terminal Manager Nordics.
- Work in accordance with relevant legislation, company Health & Safety Policy, Yara Safety Principles, our Golden Rules and in line with Company Values.
- Maintain procedures and risk assessments relevant to area of responsibility.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement initiatives (LEAN) to increase operational efficiency and promote safety awareness to improve the safety culture.
- Ensure that any safety related incidents, hazardous conditions or near-misses are reported immediately and participate in investigation as required.
- Ensure that appropriate employees are employed, adequately trained and motivated to enable the departmental responsibilities to be achieved.
- Produce finished product that meets the high quality standards of Yara in order to guarantee compliance with the fertilizer regulations and customer expectation
- Plan, monitor and control the site operating budget.
- Manage product stock levels in order to ensure economic utilization of working capital, ensuring timely goods receipt of raw materials and goods issue of finished product.
- You have a degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or alternatively significant leadership experience within Operations/Site execution
- You have experience in relevant operations and managing projects, preferably in a wide range of similar industries
- You have the ability to accommodate a dynamic business model and react to business demands
- Your strengths are within coaching, people management and communication
- As a person you are open, available and have a positive attitude and ability to interact well in different cultures
- You carry strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a continuous improvement mindset
- To you, safety and reliability is key in order to run a successful business and as a leader you walk the talk
- You speak and write English and Swedish fluently
Yara International delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Our fertilizers and crop nutrition programs help produce food required for the growing world population. Our industrial products and solutions reduce emissions, improve air quality and support safe and efficient operations. Founded in Norway in 1905, Yara has a worldwide presence of close to 17 000 employees, with sales to 160 countries and sales revenue of more than 100 billion SEK each year.