Do you want to work with interesting technologies such as laser, IR and optics? Then you are the person for us in the Optronics Centre.
As an Engineer in the group "Production Sensor", you will be an important part of the team. Working together with technicians and engineers. Being the expert in different systems of optronics which contains the technologies of optics, IR and laser.
Main tasks include:
- Support technicians and maintenance engineers with technical support, measurements, analyzes, troubleshooting etc.
- Be responsible for the measuring-benches in the workshop such as collimators and other systems, when it comes to actual status and also future developments.
- Run assignments/projects both internally and to external customers
- Be involved in the developing of new maintenance resources and regulations for new objects in the workshop
You need to have a technical interest and be curious about new technology. You can take new ideas and approaches from theory into practice. You should have good communication and collaboration ability as well as being service-oriented.
· Higher Education in electronics or similar knowledge gained from work experienc
· Be fluent in Swedish
· Master English in both writing and speaking
· Experience from working with metrology
· Knowledge or interest in Laser, IR or Optics
We apply ongoing selection for this recruitment which means that the position may be filled prior to the job ads expiration date. If you feel confident that you match the profile described above - please forward you application as soon as possible.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
You will be a part of the team Production Sensors, consisting of 21 people in different roles such as technicians, maintenance engineers and system engineers. We are working with maintenance and technical support of electro-optic and sensors throughout the whole lifecycle. Our customers are primarily the Swedish Defence Force and FMV. We are working with a big variety of sensors from soldier-carried sensors to sensors located on the Jas 39 Gripen.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.