You are the HMI UX engineer that makes our complex aircrafts easy to use. Understand what the pilot needs, find the solutions and see your design take off in the sky.
As a HMI User Experience eingeer you will investigate what is needed for the pilot to solve a specific task. What information is needed and what's not. You will specify the requirements and find a suitable design. Your output are realized by software developers, and together as a team you will test and verify that we reached a usable design. At the end our test pilots will take off from the runway in Tannefors and test your design.
- Develop the Human Machine Interface for all kind of functions in the cockpit
- Analyze what information needs to be presented to the pilot
- Realization of low-fi and hi-fi prototypes
- Test, verify and evaluate proposed design in rigs and simulators
- Working in close cooperation with pilots, software- and system engineers
Your working experience includes development of systems containing software. You have the ability to gather information, sort out what is important and transform that into a solution. You are a patient problem solver using a systematic approach, but at any moment ready to take other opinions into account.
You co-operates well with colleagues from other disciplines when trying to find your way forward. Your social skills are important, it is necessary being a loyal and communicative team player.
- University degree in Interaction design, Cognitive Science, Information Systems Analysis or Engineering
- Minimum three years of usability engineering in complex technical systems
- Programming experience developing hi-fi prototypes
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Experience of technical development in Gripen
- Fluent in Swedish, verbal and written
What you will be a part of
The goal for our engineers at the HMI department is to make all systems easy to use. The pilot is our customer. The pilots' workload need to be minimized while flying so that the focus can be used for tactical decision-making and situation awareness. We are the engineers and usability designers of all display in the cockpit, as well as of every single symbol and their behaviors. All functions must fit each other so that the working environment in every task and situation is optimized for the pilot.
The HMI system engineer acts on own initiative and learns how to put this giant puzzle into a complete picture. You need to understand how we get it all together. It is difficult and it is challenging but you are not on your own. We work as a team, sharing our knowledge and experiences. It is a true team effort to succeed with our task, to make a world class HMI airborne.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
This assignment requires that you will be approved in a security check in accordance with the Security Protection Act.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.