Want to drive digital change in automotive?
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking. Volvo Cars have an ambitious growth plan for connected functionality and autonomous drive.
What we offer
You will become a member of an agile development team with great team spirit, the Car Configuration team. The team is responsible for designing and verifying Car Configuration, a technology for handling SW variants in a vehicle. In this position you will build and maintain a wide personal network with designers within many different system areas of the vehicle, as well as manufacturing and customer service departments. As a part of our team, you get access to long term development opportunities in a dynamic and continuously growing field, where you have a direct influence on customer satisfaction. In our daily work, we are working according to the SAFe framework with 12 weeks program increment. The position is located in one of Volvo Cars’ development centres in Gothenburg.
What you’ll do
You are inspired by our mission to give our customers a better car experience every day. You will use your deep knowledge to create and enhance the Car Configuration technology in the vehicle and surrounding systems. Your main responsibilities together with the team include but is not limited to:
- Develop, improve and support the Car Configuration system solution from backend IT systems to car, in cooperation with system architects and other teams from the electrical architecture area.
- Working with Car Configuration testing activities and update of test methods, tools & processes.
- Working with and spread knowledge to other areas, such as our implementation teams, verification teams, suppliers, variant coordinators, manufacturing engineering, aftermarket and IT department.
- Support new requests for car configuration parameters based on new functionality in our cars.
You and your skills
You use your skills and your passion as System Design Engineer to expand your technical insights and to build and maintain a network that includes people from all areas in the company. You are curious and want to contribute to develop our Car Configuration technologies. Driven by a strong customer focus, you get things done. You are committed to high delivery quality and have the ability to proceed your work without having all facts at hand before you start. You are flexible and have excellent communication and documentation skills. You have a positive attitude and a team player. You are experienced with agile development and familiar with software development best practices.
- M.Sc or B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of distributed electrical systems and electrical architecture
- Experience from SW, functional or system development
- Excellent communication skills in English both in speech and writing since you will be working in a very distributed surrounding
- Good general computer knowledge
We also prefer the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience in architecture and systemization of SW development.
- Experience within Volvo Cars
- Basic knowledge in base tech areas such as SWDL, NM, Diagnostics, Network Communication.
- Swedish driver license (B)
As we use our own channels for recruitment we respectfully but strictly decline to be contacted for any offer of recruitment assistance from external companies.
Location for this position is Gothenburg, Sweden. We apply a continuous selection process and the position could be filled before the application end date. We want your application in English by January 15th and please note that we do not accept applications via email. Questions regarding the position can be answered by Team Manager Stefan Andreasson at email@example.com and for questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Therese Damstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.