We create better everyday conditions for people. We do this by contributing to a more sustainable future through engineering innovation. We love what we do and we’re good at it. But now we want to be even better! We’re looking a passionate Sourcing Specialist to our Sourcing Department in Parts Distribution & Logistics, Alfa Laval Distribution Center Tumba.
Sourcing is working within Alfa Laval Parts distributions centers and has the responsibility for sourcing activities and developing suppliers. For our team in Stockholm, we are looking for a Sourcing Specialist with experience in working with sourcing to be part of the Global Sourcing Team. You will be working in a global environment but be based in Stockholm.
Who you are
About the job
You will primarily be responsible for working with supplier consolidation and re-sourcing of spare parts for suppliers to the Distribution Center in Tumba, one of the largest buying units in Alfa Laval. You will also be responsible for a number of appointed suppliers and secure development and performance as well as finding opportunities within your commodity group where the yearly spend is about 10 million EUR.
You will be working in close cooperation with Global Commodity Management on the global suppliers, R&D, other Business Units and with your colleagues in the local office teams.
Your work tasks:
- Supplier consolidation
- Re-sourcing to preferred suppliers
- Negotiations with suppliers on cost, quality and lead-time
- Signing contracts with suppliers
- Supplier development activities
- Reporting and follow up
- Daily management of critical suppliers
- Close cooperation with internal customers, R&D, Product centers, Global Sourcing and suppliers
- Actively support Office teams through ALPS processes and problem resolution
What you know
In cooperation with other departments in the organization you are working towards our goals. You are an active player in the team and have the will to make a difference in driving performance improvements and initiating other activities with our suppliers.
As a person, you are robust, pro-active, loyal and take responsibility for action. You want to contribute positively to your team are good at building and maintaining relations, cooperating both with internal stake holders and externally with suppliers. Also, you:
- Have practical experience within procurement and you are a natural negotiator
- Are focused on delivering results
- Are comfortable managing several activities/projects simultaneously
- Are a natural problem solver
- Are analytical, structured and independent
- Technical skills will be of advantage
- Are used to handling data and know how to structure it in order to find opportunities
- Are an experienced user of Excel, beneficial if you have experience from Lean/Six Sigma and Movex
- Are fluent in English, written and oral
There will be approximately 30 travel days per year in this role.
For more information, please contact
Max Casselfelt, Team Manager, +46 8 530 65 502
Cecilia Anetorn, HR Partner +46 8 530 658 51
Francisco Garcia, Akademikerna, 08-530 656 84
Bruno Smolic, Unionen, 070 852 5217
Please send your application no later than 7th September at www.alfalaval.com/career/
What about the job
What you know
Add video (URL link and text only)