Pierce is one of Europe’s most successful online retailers. We are growing rapidly, and we are currently looking for a Sourcing Developer in Stockholm, Sweden. Would you like to be part of a dynamic Category & Sourcing Team in a company with close to 400 people, that sells across 18 European markets and manages suppliers around the globe, then this could be the role for you.
The purpose of the role:
- Support Category Manager in development of Private brands products by driving the projects to deliver in time with right price and required quality
- To be the private brands suppliers’ counterpart in commercial and project compliance related discussions
- Contribute to the private brands factory – increase number of products and time-to-market
Responsibilities of a Sourcing Developer
You’re responsible for, together with the category manager, the development of private brands products. You will be the project leader for several projects and be responsible to bring the projects in time-to-market according the business case requirements. You will work together with the Product & Quality Engineers on the projects to enable the right source to each project.
You’re responsible for developing sourcing strategies, by evaluating existing suppliers and to identify/ qualify new potential suppliers, to support the category planning and to establish leverage situations in supplier negotiations on for example proce, quality, MOQ and payment terms.
You will manage the supplier mapping and sourcing resources updated within your area of responsibility and support Category Managers in commercial related discussions and continuous improvement of performance. You will handle the commercial aspect on quality related claims, to reduce customer complaints due to quality issues and evaluate these in terms of time and costs.
Your responsibility is also to ensure suppliers being compliant in all related issues regards to applicable legal and regulatory requirements, Pierce standards and code of conduct, CSR and other topics with support from the Product & Quality Engineers.
Within your area you’re expected to identify improvements area in the processes for more efficient way of working within the Private Brand Factory.
You will adapt to new processes and way of working in transitional environment and pro-actively seek information or training to learn as well as participate in dedicated projects.
Skills & Requirements
Professional profile, competence and skills
- Your education level is relevant HBO or University degree (Bachelor) in Business Economics/Logistics and Purchasing or relevant qualified professional education within Purchasing and Supply Management
- You have a at least 3 years’ experience from this field within purchasing and sourcing functions in a Retail/ e-tail industry environment
- You’re experienced in creating sourcing strategies based on category plans and assortment strategies with a track record of successful negotiations and supplier relations
- Your professional integrity and ethics are strong towards suppliers
- You are well familiar to commercial objectives, being accountable and result oriented when it comes to support category managers to meet those targets
- You have high analytical skills with big picture thinking and a strong drive for solving problems
- You’re self-organizing, very structured and pro-active and can keep focus under pressure to deliver on targets and business critical actions
- You’re a team player with positive and customer-oriented attitude, working well cross functions
- You can manage Excel on an advanced level and are well familiar to MS Office
- You’re used to a dynamic work environment with flexibility and ability to adapt quickly
- You have a cross cultural sensitivity, understands and can empathize with differences in people and cultures being respectful
- English fluent, speaking as well as in writing
About the Company
Pierce is the ecommerce company that has grown to become Europe’s biggest online retailer for gear and accessories within Motorcycles and Snowmobiles. We do this throughout Europe through our shops 24MX, XLmoto and SledStore. The company is in an amazing growth spurt, growing by 30-40% annually. At the beginning of 2009 we were a team of 4, today we are more than 400 international professionals, committed to giving our customers across 17 European markets a huge range of products and an extraordinary level of service. Our turnover during 2019 was 120 MEUR, up over 30% from the year before.
It started with a passion for our sport, was driven by the enthusiasm of our staff and we still dare to reach out for more with love and dedication for our customers.
Join us on our quest to become the most admired retailer within the motor industry and shape the way motor enthusiasts shop by offering a state-of-the-art online shopping experience built on passion, professionalism, and a good dose of rebellious spirit.
We are passionate about riding motorcycles and have an exciting program for employees who want to learn to ride or get more involved in motorsport. But non-riders are also very welcome to join of course.