We are looking for a software engineer to work with our world-class Command and Control Systems.
In this position, you will join a software team, whose main focus is to develop and maintain our Naval Fire Control System 9LV FCS, from back-end to HMI. The team delivers software for ship mounted weapon- and targeting systems.
You will work in an agile environment together with experienced colleagues, and will get the opportunity to work all the way from bit level up to high level with GUI, defense coordination, tracking filters, servo control and more.
- Design solutions for new functions and enhancements of existing
- Implement improvements varying from integration to higher level coordination
- Test the functions on customer deployed hardware
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
To thrive in this role, you are a team player with good communication skills. You are used to efficiently collaborate with team members as well as other stakeholders. You like to take initiative and you are structured in your way of working.
- Master or Bachelor degree in computer science or similar
- Minimum five years of relevant experience from software development in complex systems in a Linux environment
- Excellent programming skills. Ada or C/C++, Java
- Good communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Team player
- Curiosity to learn, and willing to teach others
Your application can be in Swedish or English.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Welcome with your application!
What you will be a part of
You will be a part of a team in an agile product development organization and belong to one of our software sections in Järfälla, Sweden. You will be a part of the business unit C2S, Combat systems and C4I solutions. We provide the world market with Command and Control systems for naval, land and air domain. C2S is a part of the business area Surveillance.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.