Do you want to join our R&D team on our success journey towards the future as our new Software Developer? Here at MilDef we have the opening for you.
As Software Development at MilDef Products AB you have a central role during the different projects. You are involved when it comes to design choices in HW design, planning and execution of SW development, board bring up activities, production support to enable testability of the product and troubleshooting.
We always strive to have the customer view on the products during the development to make sure that MilDef can deliver products with highest quality and exceed the customers expectation.
You will also support other departments within MilDef Products AB and other MilDef companies within your field of expertise. You report directly to the manager for Electronics and Software department at MilDef Products AB.
- Develop software for the products
- Develop test, calibration and verification software for the products
- Review electrical design in projects
- Continuously document the development according to company quality system
- Continuously report progress in the assign project to the team
- Responsible for the release of software to products
- Assist in troubleshooting both within R&D and in production
- Assist in verification of components, blocks and products
- Minimum five-ten years’ experience of C programming
- Bachelor or master’s degree
- Embedded SW development experience, ARM and 8-bit AVR MCUs experience
- Experience in industry standard SW tools Git, Make, Repo and Jira
- Deeply embedded (bare silicon)
- Experience with low-level buses i2c/SPI
- Linux host-side skills as development environment is Linux based
- Experience in board bring up activities
- Schematic review of new designs to ensure SW perspective on design is met
- Ability to read and use information from datasheets
- Troubleshooting together with the team or by yourself
- Ability and experience to plan and execute the SW design for an embedded system
- Broad engineering skills, must me able to cover HW-MEK-SW
- Electronics design experience is a strong merit
- Experience with low-level buses like CAN, Flexary is a merit
- Python is a merit
- FSM is a merit
- Safety critical is a merit
Who you are
- Ability to work closely with people from all different disciplines within the company or your team
- Ability to see the big picture to understand the customer expectations
- A strong business mindset
- A strong sense of creativity (innovation)
- A “can do” mind set
- Fluency in Swedish and English, both spoken and written (English is our corporate language)
At R&D we work in three development teams with one person from each discipline, (Mechanics, Electronics, Lab, Documentation, Software, Project Manager and System Engineer). Each team handles 5-10 ongoing projects in different phases. As a Software Developer in this team you will have an important role and do anything from schematic review, develop the software for each project, support with troubleshooting, verification and configuration of 3rd party switch platforms. You find these rapidly changing tasks to be stimulating rather than stressful.
We have a strong focus on the customer needs and sometimes we need to be creative to come up with solutions to help our customers meet their needs. Are you the one that think this sounds amusing – apply today!
What you will get
MilDef offers a interesting role in an international company that are under substantial development with clear goals and visions. We care about our staff, conduct a structured introduction for all new MilDefers, and invest in skills development.
The role is full time with location in Helsingborg and with a start date as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Martin Eriksson, email@example.com.
We apply a continuous selection and therefore welcome your application at www.mildef.com as soon as possible, however, no later than 2020-08-31.
We kindly but firmly decline direct contact from staffing and recruitment companies as well as sellers of additional job advertisements.