NIB is an International Financial Institution located in the heart of Helsinki. NIB provides financing to projects that promote productivity gains and environmental benefits for the Nordic and Baltic countries. NIB offers a flexible and dynamic working environment and provides you with the opportunity to take your career to the next level. To attract the best candidates NIB offers a competitive salary and benefits package and provides relocation and accommodation assistance for expat employees. NIB provides an international and multi-cultural working environment. Throughout the Bank we communicate in English.
NIB is seeking a
Senior Risk Analyst
to join the Market and Liquidity Risk team within the Risk Management Unit in Helsinki for a fixed term contract of four years. The Risk Management Unit is responsible for the management and control of the Bank’s market -, liquidity -, portfolio credit - and operational risk as well as capital adequacy assessment.
The Senior Risk Analyst reports to the Head of Market and Liquidity Risk and works with the team to manage the market - and liquidity risks of the Bank’s Treasury activities. The position offers excellent insight into the Bank’s business activities.
- Development of risk management and stress testing methodologies for evaluating market -, liquidity - and counterparty credit risks
- Contribute to ongoing risk management system renewal project
- Contribute to the work of the Market and Liquidity Risk team to manage and control the market and liquidity risks relating to the Bank’s Treasury activities
- Ongoing control of risk exposures and limit compliance
- Daily risk reporting
- A Master’s degree in finance, engineering, applied mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of fixed income markets and instruments
- Relevant risk management or control experience in banking and knowledge of banking regulation would be an asset
- Competence in model development and implementation including technical competencies (MS Office, SQL, Matlab, programming skills)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think independently and a proactive working style
- A strong command of English. Knowledge of at least one of the Scandinavian languages would be an asset
We offer you
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills
- The potential to develop the Bank’s risk management and control practices
- An international working environment
- A new perspective on the financial industry based on NIB’s position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries.
- The position will be adjusted to the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Special benefits are available for foreign staff moving to Helsinki, Finland for the purpose of taking up this appointment. The deadline for applications is 21 January 2019. To apply, please fill in the application form on NIB’s website, www.nib.int (Jobs).
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Jari Lievonen, Head of Market and Liquidity Risk +358 10 618 0331.