Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
We are now looking for a Senior Expert within Group Accounting. The position is in the Consolidation and Reporting team which is a part of Group Accounting. The responsibility includes ensuring adherence of the Volvo Cars Finance Manual, preparing monthly and quarterly financial calculations and analysis and reporting in line with IFRS requirements, both internally and externally. The position will require extensive contact with different positions within Group Finance, Global Finance Operations and Business and Financial Control as well as with external auditors.
This position is a part of the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process for Volvo Car Group, including both financial analysis on group level as well as other responsibilities within the consolidation process. As a Senior Expert in the Group Accounting team you are expected to provide guidance to the organization in advanced IFRS related questions. You will also participate in different projects and/or take a role as project lead in projects related to the continuous development of the Group Accounting function. The role will also include work related to preparation of the external financial semi-annual and annual reports.
What we offer
Working in the Group Accounting department gives you a big opportunity to a wide circle of contacts within Volvo Cars, working globally and cross-functionally, as well as getting a comprehensive view of the financial activities within the group.
What you´ll do
- Preparation of the Group Actuals financial analysis
- Being a part of the closing process on Group level including group consolidation and external and internal financial reporting
- Preparation of semi-annual and annual reports
- Provide guidance in advanced IFRS accounting questions
- Participation/project lead in different projects – mainly related to digitalization of Group analytical tools, but also Accounting processes and Accounting Governance/ advanced IFRS related questions
You and your skills
- University degree in Business Administration - Major in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 10 years of experience in finance from either a large listed entity and/or audit environment
- Extensive experience from consolidation and group accounting and reporting
- Extensive knowledge in IFRS accounting standards
- Solid Experience using Hyperion FM or other large consolidation systems
- Extensive knowledge in Excel
- Extensive experience from working with Big Data
- Fluent English verbally and in writing
- Experience from Consolidation System transformation is a plus
Who you are
We are looking for an open-minded and driven team player who takes ownership for any given task. The person shall have refined communications skills and a high level of business acumen. Having a holistic mindset and good analytical skills are also key factors in this role. Further, you are motivated by working independently and being able to contribute on our exciting journey ahead.
Application and contact
Does this sound like your next challenge? Welcome with your application by submitting your resume and cover letter via the link below. We want your application August 15, 2020 at the latest.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Lina Embro, Manager Consolidation and reporting, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Charlotte Silfversparre, email@example.com.
Please note that applications through email are not accepted.