NORDIC INVESTMENT BANK (NIB) is an international financial institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries. The bank provides financing to projects that promote productivity gains and environmental benefits for the Nordic and Baltic countries. NIB has the highest possible credit rating and acquires the funds for its lending by borrowing on the international capital markets. The Bank has some 200 employees and total assets amounting to around EUR 30 billion. NIB's headquarters are located in Helsinki, Finland. The main working language of the Bank is English.
The Credit & Analysis Department at NIB is seeking a
SENIOR CORPORATE / PROJECT ANALYST
The main tasks of the position relate to credit risk analysis of lending transactions to large and mid-cap corporates as well as project finance transactions within and outside NIB’s member countries.
- Corporate analysis and credit risk assessment of counterparties, sector analysis and reviews
- Credit risk analysis of project finance transactions
- Financial modelling; build, run and review sensitivities
- Play a key role within the transaction team by advising on structure and key risks/issues
Qualifications and experience
- A Master’s degree with major in Finance or Industrial management, alternatively, a Master’s degree within Engineering with complimentary education in Finance
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience either from
- banks or financial institutions
- private equity
- consultancy with emphasis on due diligence and transaction services
- industrial corporation with emphasis on project investment
- Experience with valuation of pledges / security and from work-out cases is considered beneficial as would a broad industry experience, geography and work environments
- Prior experience of structured finance, especially within the Energy sector, is considered a plus
Other skills and personal qualities
- High level of integrity, proactive and collaborative attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple cases simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and preferably solid working proficiency in one of the Scandinavian languages
- MS Excel skills at advanced level, preferably also knowledge of Thomson Reuters Eikon or other business information platforms
- Prior experience of the Nordic corporate debt market is an advantage
- We are actively working on improving the quality of our work and therefore a keen interest in exploring new tools and analysis is beneficial
We offer you
- A unique opportunity to work in diversified teams of credit analysis experts
- Good potential to grow professionally
- Complex and demanding tasks
NIB offers an international banking environment and competitive remuneration package. Our unique position as an international financial institution (IFI) provides a novel perspective on the financial industry and a unique chance to broaden your expertise.
The position is located at the NIB headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
For more information about this position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org , Senior Director, Head of Corporate and Project Analysis (+358 40 737 2734). For general information about employment at NIB, please contact email@example.com , HR Business Partner (+358 40 820 7925).
To apply for the position and for more information about NIB, please visit www.nib.int (Job opportunities). The deadline for submitting your application is Friday 31st of January, Applications will however be processed successively when received.