Etraveli Group is looking for an experienced Python Developer to strengthen our capabilities in machine learning driven price optimization and bidding automation. You will be part of our data science and data engineering team in our Gothenburg office.
About Etraveli Group
Etraveli Group is one of the leading flight-centric online travel agencies (OTA) in the world. The core business is airline tickets and travel related services, targeted towards high volumes of price sensitive consumers and B2B services within travel.
Our main product, the Internet Booking Engine (IBE), serves price comparison sites and customers with attractive travel options retrieved from centralized flight marketplaces. Every minute, millions of travel options are automatically assessed, compiled, and re-priced. Intense data analysis, price optimization, and configuration automation is crucial in order to keep our margins high. Etraveli Group’s data stock of flight searches, orders, and tactical competition analysis is impressive and still growing rapidly in dimensions and volume.
Bisam (Business Intelligence, Statistical Analysis and Modelling) is a cross-functional data science and data engineering team. The team is located in Gothenburg, but works closely with corresponding teams in Athens, Stockholm and Uppsala. You will be part of a team of six other people including team lead, data scientists, data engineers and system/data administrator.
As a Python Developer you will be working on a variety of problems in the field of data mining and model development, as well as implementation of those for inline processing in the IBE. You will be supporting internal customers with data integration, data research and conceptual creative thinking regarding new ways to present, produce and store information. Doing all of the above, solid Python development skills are required. Strong communication skills and an ability to think creatively will also be necessary.
• Implement and develop applications around statistical models for price and conversion optimization
• Test and maintain algorithms and scaling them up to massive data sets
• Maintain the connection to the backend and core engine
• Influence, specify and assist in building the large scale data infrastructure that is required for the AI projects
• Plan, communicate and share status updates together with your fellow colleagues as well as external stakeholders
• Work closely with other data scientists, data engineers and business intelligence developers and together create synergies and the use of best practice
• Demonstrated experience in Python programming
• Knowledge of standard python libraries for numerical computations, machine learning and stand-alone-service development
• Experience working with databases and Linux
• Experience in feature engineering and prototyping machine learning applications that have been deployed to production
• Knowledge about data storage and data modelling techniques
• University master degree in a Quantitative or Computer Science field
• Other scientific programming languages (R, Julia, Matlab)
• Cloud solutions such as OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
• Cluster computing and MPP (Spark, SQL, Impala, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka)
• Business intelligence tools and development (Looker, QlikView)
• Agile software development processes
We also offer
A flexible work schedule with an understanding for work life balance. A diverse work environment with offices in both Sweden and Athens. The offices are modern and capacious with plenty of natural light. We also have a pinball machine and ping-pong table that is commonly used. Breakfast is served every morning and we often organize events or participate in tech conferences in order to develop our knowledge within certain areas.
In this recruitment process, Etraveli Group cooperates with Randstad Technologies. For further information, please contact Recruitment Consultant Josefine Westlander at email@example.com / 0725-491980.