Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
We are looking for a Profit Analysis – Expert Controller to the Profit Analysis team. This is a team within the Group Financial Planning department, which is responsible for financial planning and the analysis of Volvo Car Group. As a team member you will get an excellent platform and direct insight into the group’s financials and decisions.
What you´ll do
- Continuously monitor and report the company’s financial state to the Executive Management, Investor Relations, Group Treasury, Group Accounting and Group Controller
- Connect key business drivers with financial outcome and present in a simple way
- Complete ad hoc presentations and investigations as requested.
- Propose changes to current financial plans to optimize profitability and control risks
- Support Volvo Car Group to meet its financial targets with proactive controlling
Who you are
In this role it’s important to have excellent analytical skills and ability to take own initiatives and develop the role. You have commitment for delivery and are aligned with good prioritization skills for timely deliverables.
You should also demonstrate:
- Focus on high quality of work completed
- Ability to understand and communicate complex financial development
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills, particularly HFM, Excel modeling and PowerPoint.
- Experience with the company's income statement and entity structure in HFM.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience within Volvo Car Group
- An interest to learn as well as to teach is very important for this position.
As a member of this team, you will build a large network which presents a great opportunity for you to learn about Volvo Car Group’s processes and organization. The right candidate will after a period of time understand the controlling of a large multinational company and the ins and outs of its financial state.
How to learn more and apply
Does this sound like your next challenge? Don´t wait with your application. We will start the recruitment process immediately. We want your application August 15, 2020 at the latest.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Johan Jedeur-Palmgren, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Charlotte Silfversparre, email@example.com.