Why join Orica?
At Orica you will be offered an opportunity to operate in a global environment with strong local footprints. You will get the chance to work with multidiscipinary teams of highly proffessional people in a company culture distinguished by safety, respect and integrity.
About the Company
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
About the Role
You will take up the responsibility to produce fuseheads and energetic materials that are used in the remaining areas of blasting cap production. The areas comprise of 20-30 subordinates from IF Metall collective agreement area.
Some Key Activities for the role:
- Develop competency in completing risk assessments and involve staff.
- Learn What Major Hazards & Key Controls are & how they are displayed.
- Learn how quality assurance is done on raw materials and finished goods in and from the areas where you´ll be trained.
- Leading the teams in Fuseheads Production & Energetic Material Preparation processes to deliver on the Fusehead volumes and Explosives required for the production within the Manufacturing Site.
- Manage the expectations from operators.
- Engage with Manufacturing Engineers to increase labor productivity & OEE and to reduce scrap generated in process streams.
- Engage with Quality Specialists to ensure Quality assurance of products & to investigate any deviations.
- Understand business goals and share with employees in open forums.
We look for a hard-working person who have an eagerness to learn and develop others, with preferably 2-3 years’ experience in a leadership role with multiple report. You have good interpersonal and communication skills and takes accountability & ownership of tasks. You are results orientated and understands training and compliance requirements.
As a person you are collaborative and possess an unquestioned reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values, and solid character. You have an ability to earn trust of others both internally and externally and you can function in a multi-cultural/national work environment You have an outgoing personality and enjoy working with teams. You are supportive and encourage individuals to take on responsibility and you feel satisfied to see them grow. Other competencies:
- Safety, Health, Quality & Environmentally focused
- Fluent in Swedish & English, both speaking and writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Chemical/Chemistry field will be advantageous.
- Leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment and a background in Chemistry, Technology, Quality or Industrial Engineering
AxÖ Consulting AB har lång och gedigen erfarenhet från rekryterings- och konsultbranschen och har arbetat med såväl privat marknad som inom offentlig sektor. För mer information och ansökan besök: www.axoconsulting.se Vi tar tyvärr inte emot ansökningar via brev eller e-post.
Varmt välkommen med din ansökan.
- Calle Negendanck, 073-1470635
- Sysselsättningsgrad: 100%
- Tillträde: Enligt överenskommelse
- Antal lediga befattningar: 1
- Sista ansökningsdag: 2020-07-29