Help us transform the world of entertainment! We believe the future of video streaming will be something completely different than it is today. At Viaplay, you will therefore have the unique opportunity to create the future of entertainment. We are all passionate about developing awesome products and particularly proud to create captivating experiences to our customers. We compete with some of the most innovative companies in the world and we aspire to be the best at what we do.
As a Product Manager at Viaplay you’ll be responsible for identifying what will create the most value for our customers and our business as a whole. We are looking for a Product Manager with strong leadership skills that can work with our engineers, designers and business stakeholders to tackle any challenge from a product management perspective. Together, you will develop processes that work through all stages – from ideation to launch and validation. You will constantly monitor user and market trends to inform your decisions and translate the insights into an inspiring and seamless product experience.Your responsibility is to constantly monitor user and market expectations, trends, behaviour etc. Furthermore, you will be part of a larger product team where you will set the overall product priorities and product strategy.
Our cross-funtional Product Teams work towards one mission within different Product Areas, related to the Customer Journey, (Customer Acquistion, Retention, Segments and Productivity). You will be part of our team that works within Customer Retention with focus on Personalization & Relevance, Navigation, inspiration and ease of use. Our processes are inspired by lean startup, service design and agile methodologies. In this role you will work in a data-driven product organization, using experimentation and validation as part of product process. We compete with a few of the most innovative companies in the world and we aspire to be best at what we do.
The challenge ahead
This is a chance to make a real impact within the world of streaming and on-demand content – to drive a team of passionate people towards new challenges, new ways of thinking, and new successes.
- Manage new product features from inception/ideation through implementation and to launch, validation, evaluation and refinement
- Working with developers, designers and engineers in product discovery and validation
- Be the advocate for your product areas and its users within the company, and be the product area expert within the product team
- Constantly monitor user feedback, user behaviour (qualitatively and quantitatively), competitors and market trends
- Work with the rest of the product team in defining the product strategy and roadmap
- Be the user and business representative in the development team during the implementation in a truly data driven way
What we are looking for
The product manager is constantly on the ball and has both a short and long term plan of how to reach the product goals. As you will be at the heart of things, it will be essential to be a strong communicator. To excel in this position, we also believe you are a self-driven doer with an organised and structured approach to make sure you reach your goals as well as communicating these to the stakeholders. We believe that you have a strong background within product development where you have been working with modern practices like CI and CD.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Team player with a natural authority
- Passionate product leader with the ability to inspire others
- Extensive experience in a similar position or responsibility.
- Experience working in an agile product organisation with a digital product
- Experience working with modern development practices like CI and CD
- To constantly be on the ball and enjoy having multiple points of contact
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in written language
- Experience in product management from the media industry
- Interest in digital media and streaming
- Experience from data-driven product management, using experimentation and validation as part of product process
We want to hear from you
We believe the future of video streaming and television will be something completely different than it is today. The people working in the product team at Viaplay therefore have a unique opportunity to create the future of entertainment. We are all passionate about developing awesome products and particularly proud to offer moments that matters to our users. We are constantly evolving and have already built a large team of tech, product and design people collocated in our headquarters in Södermalm.
You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like a position you would thrive in, please apply and attach your CV or connect with your linkedin.
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
NENT Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.