Principal Digital Architect - Digitalisation - Investment Banking
The Nordic Investment Bank (NIB) is an International Financial Institution located in the heart of Helsinki. NIB provides financing to projects that promote productivity gains and environmental benefits for the Nordic and Baltic countries. NIB offers a flexible and dynamic working environment and provides you with the opportunity to take your career to the next level. To attract the best candidates NIB offers a competitive salary and benefits package and provides relocation and accommodation assistance for expat employees. NIB provides an international and multi-cultural working environment. Throughout the Bank we communicate in English.
NIB wishes to recruit an experienced Principal Digital Architect for a fixed-term contract of 4 years to its headquarters in Helsinki.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to play a key role in developing and delivering the Bank's future digital architecture and processes using technology to transform both external and internal customer experiences. The successful candidate will lead a small team of specialists. The successful candidate will also contribute throughout the Bank in leading and delivering technology offerings in lending, treasury, credit and support functions.
Previous experience of work as an architect within an investment bank; preferably in at least one of the areas lending, credit or treasury (front-, middle- or back-office) is welcomed.
- to lead the digital and enterprise architecture functions in the Bank
- to develop the Bank's digital architecture exploiting new opportunities
- to ensure that business value is derived by the Bank from its digital and enterprise architectures
- to define, identify and document the overall technical solution for technology project(s) and existing architecture encompassing both functional and non-functional requirements
- to ensure that the end-to-end solution design meets the technology, business process and business operating model requirements and adheres to the Bank’s IT Strategy and Principles
- has a key role in the definition, leadership and delivery of the strategic IT related change agenda
- to contribute and be involved with multiple projects ensuring benefits are delivered
Qualifications and Experience:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Economics or similar
- fluency in spoken English, coupled with high-quality written communication and presentation skills
- sufficient knowledge of assisting in modelling business processes in order to obtain enhanced benefits from automation
- excellent stakeholder management skills to promote and communicate the potential for new and emerging technologies and act as a key driver and enabler
- ability to identify opportunities for digitalisation and automation in the Bank, and ability to provide input into data policies including retention, migration and security
- more than 5 years‘ experience of designing and implementing technology and process based solutions across multiple applications and environments
- experience of architecture methodologies including usage of frameworks such as TOGAF or Zimmerman
- experience in delivering cloud based solutions
- skills in business analysis, business process design and optimisation; the utilisation of Software AG Aris or Microsoft Visio for business process design
- strong team working skills, but also capability to work independently, be proactive and to meet deadlines
The deadline for applications is 21 December 2018. To apply, please fill in the application form on NIB’s website, www.nib.int (Jobs).
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Stephen Evans, Head of IT, telephone +358 50 4339409.