We are currently looking for a Senior Engineering Operations Manager to lead a team in a modern automated facility. Do you want to drive operational excellence work and contribute to the transformation of the industry? Apply today!
Ocado Solutions is bringing smart e-commerce technology to leading retailers globally. Our client's mission is to transform the global grocery landscape.
When company's journey started, they were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, Ocado is a FTSE 100 business developing own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way everyone does business. As Ocado continually develops new technologies and customer propositions, company is also looking for the brightest talents to lead its business into the next stage of evolution: enhancing capabilities, inspiring teams and developing new ways of working.
You will manage, co-ordinate and lead the strategy of the Engineering Operations function of the Customer Fulfilment Centre ensuring an efficient and cost-effective service to the operational customers. You will manage the department, ensuring close working relationships and coordination between internal teams.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the specific Service Level Agreements performance levels agreed with the operational customer
- Plan and co-ordinate Engineering Operations activities through First Line Managers, ensuring the required level of service is delivered to customers
- Lead site improvement programmes
- Maintain and enhance the quality systems to ensure the site's continuous improvement in a total quality environment
- Prepare, manage and work within the departmental budget to assist in overall achievement of targets
- Ensure site standards are high. Ensure and apply an excellence approach to all activities and site standards and ensure the team demonstrate this
- Be responsible for the day to day implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment Policy across the operation and for the application of company's policies and procedures
- Lead and develop the team of managers / team leaders
- Recruit team members as required in conjunction with recruitment team
- Lead and further develop training program through the engineering department
We believe that to be successful in this role you need to:
- Be people manager with demonstrable experience of leading a team of managers and team leaders with total responsibility for 30+ employees
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to support and lead a team
- Have further education to degree level in Engineering or other relevant field and understanding of automation and robot systems able to apply relevant project management methods and tools
- Have knowledge of and demonstrable competencies in relation to HSE legislation
- Have ability to organise, prioritise and maintain relevant information to support the business
- Be proficient in Excel and Microsoft Applications
- Have sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be fluent in Swedish and English
- Have ability to build rapport with key stakeholders and be able to hold a balanced view and communicate all levels of information
At Ocado you will find a fast-paced dynamic environment with international team. You will get the chance to make a real impact.
Apply with your CV today! The position might be filled before the end date of the advertisement.