Do you have many years of experience within procurement and project management and want to work strategic and holistically with a hands-on approach with internal customer focus, then below opportunity can be the right one for you.
Cepheid, a part of the Danaher group, is one of the world's fastest growing molecular diagnostics companies. The company's unique diagnostic platform is used worldwide and offers a wide range of diagnostic products in virology, bacteriology and oncology. With a patient-centric approach, Cepheid strives to deliver molecular testing closer to the patient, which makes the quality of the care higher at a lower cost, with improved outcomes. Cepheid's premises are located in Solna.
NPI Materials Program Manager - This role will support NPI Program Management for Reagent and Assay new product introduction teams and is responsible for leading activities such as: sourcing decisions, design for cost and manufacturability, product cost and roadmap, supplier qualification and approval, manufacturing and supply chain readiness (capacity, continuity of supply, capability, Agreements. This role works closely with Category Managers to align long term strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the product deliverables for each phase and manages the Supply Chain deliverables.
- Forms and leads cross-functional supply chain operations teams (comprised of Supply Chain, Category Management, Supplier Quality, Mfg Engineering, Supplier Engineering, Planning, and other members as required) to define sourcing strategies and sourcing plans for new products, including recommendations for new supplier selection & evaluation as part New Product Introduction.
- Lead and influence supplier selection and guide alignment to a sustainable long term supply chain and manufacturability.
- Serves as single point of contact to the Supply Chain team to confirm supplier and production readiness in terms of production capacity and approved critical parts manufacturing prior to key product milestone
- Manages the transition of new products from development to pilot production then to volume production.
- Lead supplier performance projects specific to commodity
- Supports Global Supply Chain in all Kaizen and VPM activities
- Leadership in adhering to the product development process of test and verification as part of the product release process.
Education or Experience (in years):
- Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- A technical degree in: Biology, Microbiology, or other Life Sciences discipline; or a technical competency in this area based on related experience.
Knowledge and skills:
- Work collaboratively with supply chain and engineering stakeholders; develop supplier selection process for piece parts or outsourced assemblies and identify supply chain risks supporting sourcing decisions.
- Strong background in reagents, enzymes, and chemicals.
- Manage the product cost roadmap prior to production release; analyze product cost and manufacturing cost models to drive corrective action as required to achieve product cost targets.
- Fundamental understanding of should-cost or cost allocation & recognizes opportunities to improve product design for cost/quality/delivery with early supplier involvement.
- Creates and delivers presentations to program executives and stakeholders. Provides feedback to engineering on DFx (cost, manufacturability), and manages resources to drive the assessment
- Supports new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements to/from the strategic supply base.
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery, assets
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities for managed categories
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Power Point, Agile, and SAP
- Must be a self-starter and be able to operate independent of day to day supervision
- Direct experience leading cross-functional teams (CFT)
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt, critical thinking skills, and problem solve under pressure
- Contract/supply agreement negotiation experience
- Some travel domestically and internationally is required (15%)