We are currently looking to recruit a New Product Development (NPD) Manager to join us at our head office in Stockholm. As a NPD Manager, you are responsible for the development of new products within fresh dairy. The primary focus is development of fermented products like yoghurt and sour milk. The role will report to the Director Innovation Sweden and Finland. You will be a part of our global product development team and have key integral role in delivering on our business plan.
In this role you will be a senior specialist within Product Development and will deliver high-prolife projects with direct impact on functional (Innovation) success. In addition, you will challenge processes and practices and identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing optimal organization innovation/R&D processes, improving overall performance through continuous improvement & troubleshooting.
- Facilitating the development of an innovative and creative culture characterized by an open-minded approach to idea generation and knowledge sharing.
- Providing strong leadership, ensuring successful networks, knowledge transfer & cooperation with internal and external stakeholders at a global level.
- Participating in customer-related groups, e.g. product teams, plant meetings, sales, marketing and application related group meetings.
- Ensuring high professional standards and delivery against well-defined business targets through programs, projects and tasks, acting as guardian for technical integrity of your specialist product area.
- Maintaining company quality standards, ensuring compliance with Arla Foods’ standards as well as local standards, policies, safety requirements and applicable laws.
- Initiating, managing and participating in NPD, research and technology projects via compliance to established ways of working.
- Acting as a knowledge expert, tracking scientific and technological developments and converting the findings into business opportunities for Arla.
Product development experience and a Food Science degree
You hold a degree within Food Science and Technology, Dairy Technology or similar and you have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an FMCG environment. So far, your career path has provided you with sound experience in product development within the food industry, preferably dairy. Documented experience from successful cooperation with production sites is a must. As you will work towards the markets, you must possess a global mindset and a solid business sense. You have a technological knowledge about production of fresh dairy products. Wide experience from packaging development is a plus.
At a personal level, you are outgoing and comfortable cooperating with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures. Equally important, you possess great communication and interpersonal skills, and you thrive on using your curiosity as a professional tool to develop innovative and value-added products. The position requires that you are fluent in English. If you also speak
Swedish it's a bonus.
What do we offer?
The position offers an exciting and challenging work day with excellent opportunities for personal development. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you’ll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favorite brands in a way that make things better for our customers, consumers and the farmers who own us.
Application and contact
Please apply no later than 2019-04-23. We’re screening applications on an ongoing basis. For additional information, please call Maria Tornell, Director Innovation Sweden and Finland at
+46 70 826 65 81.