Job title: Medical Science Liaison Manager (MSL)
Location: SWEDEN nationwide
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
The Medical Science Liaison Manager (MSL) will be responsible for building and maintaining long term, scientific relationships, with respiratory therapeutic area clinicians and the wider healthcare professional teams.
Medical Science Liaison Manager (MSL) Key Responsibilities:
- Raise awareness of patients unmet medical, scientific and clinical profile and the best use of Alvesco to all relevant stakeholders, through the transfer of unbiased, scientific, non-promotional information.
- Embrace patient centric healthcare, by engaging and partnering with a broad range of healthcare stakeholders across a variety of interfaces, in an attempt to more fully understand patient needs which are disseminated to clinical and commercial strategy leads appropriately.
- Facilitate the co-ordination and integration of scientific data and medical knowledge within Syneos Health and achieve external recognition for providing credible and unbiased medical information to healthcare professionals, patients and other stakeholders.
- Create a country/cluster specific MSL plan which delivers flawless execution of the overarching European MSL plan
- Continually seek to strengthen understanding of local medical practices and patient needs, derive relevant insights and socialize internally with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop clear processes and systems to collect, collate and synthesize insights from different external stakeholders and leverage these insights by collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Embrace and experiment with different communication channels to deliver unbiased scientific information to external healthcare professionals and other stakeholders
- Analyze and communicate results of qualitative research projects to internal stakeholders
- Support the development of a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) faculty, at an international, regional and local level and create an academy for future emerging leaders
- Organise scientific advisory boards, symposia and other scientific meetings in both traditional and virtual formats
- Provide the scientific and medical expertise to enable medical information function to answer questions and enquiries from healthcare professionals and the public
- Support the training department to design, develop and deliver internal training programs via the provision of scientific and medical expert opinion and information
- Support MSL lead to develop investigator sponsored clinical trials strategy in line with approved budgets
- Communicate and facilitate investigator sponsored trial application process as budgeted
- Support clinical trial recruitment and retention in collaboration with clinical colleagues where appropriate
- Support the development and implementation of a publication strategy, in collaboration with MSL Lead and other internal stakeholders
- Collaborate and support KOLs for publication of posters, review articles and clinical trials in line with corporate strategy and budget
- Support the development and implementation of an advocacy group communications strategy
- Point of contact for managing the interface between patient support and advocacy groups and the organisation appropriately
- Undertake all activities within +/- 10% of budget set
- Ensure compliance with all corporate SOPs, ethical codes of practice and compliance with international and local rules and regulations
- Keep up to date with all changes in corporate SOPs, ethical codes of practice and compliance with international and local rules and regulations
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner, to unsolicited requests for on or off label information or safety concerns from HCPs through standing information requests in response to medical information enquiries
- Support the set up and collection of real world evidence and assist in patient recruitment for ongoing phase III and IV studies
Medical Science Liaison Manager (MSL) Requirements:
- BSc / PhD Minimum with MSL experience
- Or MPharm PharmD Minimum with MSL experience
- MD/ MBBS Desirable
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the respiratory therapeutic area
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, working as an MSL at a country and or Cluster level
- Significant track record of scientific collaborations with external experts and/or collaborative groups
- Highly customer focused with an awareness of the importance of business results
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, presentation, chairmanship & facilitation skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo when appropriate
- Passionate about making a meaningful difference for patients
- Highly accountable, and skilled problem solver
- Ability to operate and collaborate successfully in a matrix environment with shared accountability and responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deliver results while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- High capacity to absorb, understand and communicate complex information to key opinion leaders and other healthcare professionals including payors
- Strong willingness to collaborate with internal stakeholders
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Apply today for our Medical Science Liaison Manager (MSL) opportunity!
Competitive Salary & Benefits