Your future challenge
As a Marketing Director at MilDef, you lead a team which undertakes wide range of critically important operational and tactical market activities. Working on corporate level and supporting our sales companies on different geographic markets, you strengthen our global brand by supporting our local business. The world MilDef operates in is highly technical, predominantly military, and depends on accurate information always being available – for our customers, partners, and our own resources.
In the morning you might host a marketing forum with the Sales Company Managing Directors to agree and prioritize their marketing needs, spend the afternoon working with product management staff overseeing a product launch, and finish the day proofing social media posts with your team. Next day you meet with two marketing agencies regarding a potential project and launch a press release to the marketplace.
You find these rapidly changing tasks to be stimulating rather than stressful.
To us, marketing means aligning our efforts around the MilDef brand, providing a true picture of who we are, and generating global interest in our capabilities.
You will have an all-round understanding of marketing disciplines including digital marketing, SEO/SEM, social media, brand positioning, global market nuances, advertising and managing international exhibitions. You will be experienced in managing external agencies, both locally and internationally. You will also have excellent compositional and grammatical writing skills in US English, the language used for our international marketing activities.
In summary, you will be involved in everything from creating new press releases to leading our marketing strategies. You are probably a multi-talented, ambitious, capable, creative, meticulous, and generally great person with proven management ability.
Key responsibilities/your duties will include but are not limited to;
- Lead a multi-functional marketing team
- Drive international brand awareness and lead generation
- Create and maintain a game changing digital marketing platform for MilDef
- Analyze and continuously improve our marketing content
- Manage our exhibitions and other corporate events
- Produce excellent written marketing content
- Manage and distribute press releases, newsletters, product brochures etc
- Coordinate activities for strengthening our corporate brand
- Collaborate with marketing agencies to produce digital promotional materials
- Organize promotional activities for new products/services
- Produce clear and concise information, for example corporate presentation
Who you are today
The following list describes competence and experience that is relevant and necessary to succeed in the role.
- Managerial experience from similar positions in marketing
- Experienced in generating international marketing strategies
- Excellent in producing and proofreading written content, both in English and Swedish
- Experienced in working with marketing agencies
- Understanding of digital marketing tools and techniques including SEO/SEM
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What you become a part of
All MilDef positions have important purposes for the business. One way to think about purpose is that there ultimately needs to be a connection between our job and the success of the company. In other words, what we do needs to somewhere, somehow, generate revenue for the business.
MilDef offers an interesting role in an international company that are under substantial development with clear goals and visions. We care about our staff, conduct a structured introduction for all new MilDefers, and invest in skills development.
Due to the nature of the business, we demand Swedish citizenship. We strive for a balanced age and gender spread as well as an ethnic and cultural diversity.
The role is full time with location in Helsingborg and with a start date as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Duncan Skinner, Director of Global Sales, email@example.com.
We apply a continuous selection and therefore welcome your application as possible, however, no later than 2021-02-14.Please note that both CV and cover letter should be in English.
We kindly but firmly decline direct contact from staffing and recruitment companies as well as sellers of additional job advertisements.