Your challenge as a new manager will be to continue the development and growth of the newly created section together with the employees regarding operations as well as competence. Most of the work is performed in projects together with other units within Saab, and as a manager, you need to create and uphold good relations with these. The manager needs to take an active role in the daily operation and projects developing ways of working. The manager is part of the department management group and the continued development.
- Responsibility for cost center budget and result
- Responsibility for development, improvements, and optimization of processes, methods and tools related to your area of responsibility
- Responsibility for employees and recruitments.
You will also support our co-workers development by giving feedback and setting up individual goals .
As a manager within the department, we are looking for a person that is structured, driven, development oriented and curious. You bring forward new ideas for the operation and projects with a larger perspective in mind. We expect you to be a team player, business minded and to appreciate cooperation with others and communication with people.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. (if for a technical education this is an advantage) or relevant work experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience from maintenance engineering and/or service bulletins for aircrafts and maintenance systems
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
Within business area Support and Services you find business unit Gripen Support and this is where our department Technical Information and Engineering is located. It consists of five sections of approximately 90 employees and our employees work within maintenance engineering, technical information development, training materiel and project management mainly for Saab products.
The Maintenance and Modification Engineering section's main responsibility is:
- Maintenance Engineering on Aircraft Equipment in order to define the impact, develop and sustainment of the Maintenance Solution
- Capability Engineering in order to develop a customer unique support solution for Aircraft
- Participate in level of repair analyses and spare parts recommendations for specific equipment
- Evaluate the support solution to improve supportability in the Operational Phase
- Service bulletins development and delivery for the Gripen aircraft and the maintenance system
- Service bulletins development for the fighter trainer, Saab 105.
- Modifications kit development containing all information and materiel for the customer.
Today the section consists of 18 employees located in Linköping.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English and that we wish you to attach a cover letter at the stage for uploading your resume/CV. We want your application the 11th of August at the latest.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.