Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Machine Safety and CE-marking Specialist to join our passionate engineering team!
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
The Machine Safety and CE-marking Specialist will be responsible for ensuring CE-marking of all Northvolt automated manufacturing and material handling equipment. The equipment are delivered mainly turn-key and you are co-ordinating all CE activities internally as well as with external suppliers, engineering integrators etc. to ensure a safe and complaint working environment. You should have a solid engineering background and in depth knowledge from equipment design phase through to commissioning new equipment.
You will be working intimately with the process engineering and construction teams and the equipment suppliers, mainly located in Asia. Travel to suppliers will be required to review progress on CE-marking and to oversee testing and evaluation.
In general you have a long experience from Safety and CE-marking of equipment and machinery and have been driving large and challenging asset projects with high demands on CE-marking and safety functionality. Preferably you have experience from building machinery and delivering equipment with CE marking as your responsibility.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Detailed planning of CE activities in the factory projects
- Review and approve supplier CE activity plans
- Review and approve equipment regarding CE-marking
- Support, guide and educate suppliers in EU directives and CE-marking
- Key competence for the organization in Machine safety, CE-marking and site safety
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, flexible and structured. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Machine Safety and CE-marking Specialist is a vital member of our engineering team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- BSc or MSc in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or similar
- 5-10+ years working experience in Machine Safety and CE-marking
- Safety legislation, CE directive, Swedish legislation and European legislation
- Formal CE-marking training
- Experience from working in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry
Successful track record of scaling manufacturing assets in a fast growing environment ideally in the food, paper, steel or pharma industry
ATEX experience and understanding is a plus
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Highly organized and result-driven
- An eye for detail
- Excellent cooperation with people from different cultures
- Exceptionally good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor