At Tetra Pak we touch millions of people’s lives every day, ensuring better nutrition and healthier lifestyles through safe packaging and food processing solutions. Guided by our global brand promise, PROTECTS WHAT´S GOOD, we strive to make a difference by protecting food, people and our futures. To do this we need more than smart technology. We need smart people too. People like you, who wants to work with people like us.Job description:
Material Analysis Team within D&E Materials and Package leads material analysis for development activities, launches or the market. Being the centre of expertise for material analysis in Tetra Pak, we provide solutions and capabilities for Polymer, Paper, Al-foil, Packaging Material-, Off-flavour and Recyclability Analysis worldwide.
You will report to Manager Material Analysis in D&E Materials & Package.
This is a permanent position based in Lund, Sweden.
As a Laboratory Scientist, you will have an expert role in solution development and drive development and maintenance within competence area Polymer & Recyclability.
As our Laboratory Scientist, you will:
- Support projects and requesters with your expertise in testing and analysis
- Build, improve and maintain technology know-how in our competence area
- Lead- and develop material analysis using the right analytical equipment
- Lead analyses and interpretation of requested test results
- Develop, recommend and drive changes of test methods and procedures
- Responsible for documentation of test methods and results
- Lead continuous improvement activities and identify gaps & solutions
- Translate new material- and packaging material requirements
- Knowledge sharing and methodology training of laboratory colleagues
- Ensure the validity, reliability, and robustness of analysis and used methods
We believe that you have a strong drive for problem solving, results and accuracy. To be successful in this role you are passionate about technology, lab analysis and sustainability. You communicate well, can work on your own as well as easily collaborating with colleagues and clients. You have a strong commitment towards quality, and you approach your tasks with a high analytical perspective. You are flexible and can quickly shift focus and take quick decisions if required.
We believe you have:
- Master’s degree with Material- or Chemical engineering or similar.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience of similar laboratory- and analysis work.
- Experience of different materials and applying different test methods.
- Preferably experience of working with statistics, verification, and validation.
- Passionate about materials characteristics, sustainability, and recyclability.
- Fluent in English, written as well as spoken.
We believe you share our strategic behaviour values and are aware of the external market, able to simplify, prioritize and innovate. Furthermore, you act as a role model for safety, quality, and continuous improvement. At heart dedicated to Tetra Pak’s customers for which we want to provide the best solutions.
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture that pioneers spirit of innovation where our engineering genius drives visible result
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements