We believe the future of video streaming and television will be something completely different than it is today. At Viaplay, you will therefore have the unique opportunity to create the future of entertainment. We are all passionate about developing awesome products and particularly proud to create captivating experiences to our customers. We compete with some of the most innovative companies in the world and we aspire to be the best at what we do.
We are looking for an iOS developer with a curious mind to solve complex problems in our office in Stockholm. Are you keen on being at the forefront of app development and have a great interest in iOS devices? Wonderful, then we already have something in common!
As an iOS developer, you will join Viaplay with the mission to further develop and maintain our mobile apps, keep them best-in-class and the main entry point to Viaplay. You’ll be involved in the whole development lifecycle (definition, development, maintenance, etc.) and everyday work will consist of development, design, complexity assessment, test and deployment and much more. We thrive in using cutting edge technology, always keeping up to date and constantly challenging status quo.
You will join a kick-ass cross-functional team (client and backend development, QA, UI/UX, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse!
The challenge ahead
You will work within an expanding organisation that strives for excellence by taking responsibility and pitching in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team. We truly believe in the power of working together – where every team member has their own area of expertise but is open to learning new things, working on multiple technical platforms and lending a fresh pair of eyes to help their neighbour solve a problem. We take pride in being an inventive company and use bleeding edge technology where test driven development and continuous deployments are central in the deployment process. We do our best to create a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home and we hope that you will too.
What we are looking for
We think you’re currently working as a Mobile Developer with a focus on iOS development. If you also have experience working on other technical platforms, such as Android, Web, Backend etc., we would be blown away. Mainly we are looking for someone with their expertise within iOS development, but at the same time someone that is open and willing to work in other technical domains. We would also like you to push forward internal development by sharing knowledge and keeping on top of the latest technologies.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Experience from solving complex problems in an iOS environment
- Professional experience coding in Swift
- A relevant degree or an equivalent level of work experience
- Experience working on apps that are live in App Store
- Dedication to CI, automation and other efficient workflow-oriented practices
- Dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices
Nice to have:
- Experience from media, streaming or advertisement
- Solid experience solving complex problems on the Android platform
- Experience with Backend development using Node.js
What we offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams. We work in cross functional teams with an agile approach.
- We build everything in-house with cutting egde technologies where test driven development and continuous deployments are central in the deployment process.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, pair programming and mob programming.
- Innovative environment with hackdays two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
- Not in Sweden? No problem! We offer you relocations services and information about the life in Stockholm.
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply with your LinkedIn or CV. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Max Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is part of Modern Times Group MTG AB (publ), a leading international digital entertainment group listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘MTGA’ and ‘MTGB’). NENT Group is itself proposed to be listed separately on Nasdaq Stockholm in due course.