We constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge - to make the world a safer place. As ILS-engineer you will be part of the team which is responsible to secure that ILS is considered in all our solutions we offer the customers. Our solutions are used within the civil and military markets.
As ILS Engineer, you will work with operational monitoring, quotation evaluation and follow-up, to make sure the system enables the required mission production within a minimal maintenance effort and cost.
We have a tight ILS-team who work closely with our customer. The culture at the department is permeated by the will of being commercial and to perform. There is no prestige and we work side by side with managers and project members.
We are looking for someone who wants to work with data processing, who understands the importance of accurate data in analyzes and reports and has knowledge and interest in analyzing this to.
Your main tasks:
· Support our Customer during the acquisition process within the ILS-elements to ensure:
o Support at minimum costs
o Preparation and evaluation of Alternatives
o Optimized and integrated support
o Determine logistic support resource requirements
o Optimize LRU, Line Replaceable Unit, and spare parts
· Generate and deliver technical documentation according to "Handbok FMV Materielpublikationer"
· Register materiel and directory assistance in GoF
· Support for operational follow-up / report generation of statistics information.
· Search and compile data from different databases
· Continuously streamline and develop work process and tools.
· If you like further challenges, to be project leader is possible.
· Frequent travelling within Sweden
The role is positioned in Växjö.
Customer contact is a part of the work, which requires flexibility and social skills. Different technical educational backgrounds and experiences can be suitable for the role, but we value the following highly:
· A analytical ability
· Be structured and take initiative
· Follow-up of own activities
· Technical engineer or at least 3 years work experience in the field.
· Independently plan your own time.
· Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
· B Driving license
· Experience of ILS
· Education in ILS
· Background/interest in Communications system
· Experience in and knowledge of organization within FMV/FM
· A team player that facilitates team work on all levels
You have a natural ability to cooperate with others. Furthermore you possess an inner drive and accept the responsibility to plan and push your work forward on your own. Another valuable personal quality is a positive attitude towards new challenges.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
We apply ongoing selection for this recruitment which means that the position may be filled prior to the job ads expiration date.
If you feel confident that you match the profile described above - please forward you application as soon as possible.
We welcome your application in both English and Swedish.
What you will be a part of
In your role you will be a part of the department Communication, within the Business Unit Communication and Tactical Solutions. We are responsible for the design, support and implementation of technical and robust communications solutions and infrastructure utilizing networks, radio, and satellite technologies. We design and implement systems in airborne and land based platforms. We are a team of 150 employees, headed from Arboga, with operations in both Järfälla, Växjö and Linköping.
Communication and Tactical Solutions is a part of the business area Support & Services.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging setting, Saab may well have the conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.