The World Maritime University (WMU) is a postgraduate and research university established in 1983 by the International Maritime Organization, the maritime agency of the United Nations. WMU offers M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Professional Development Courses (PDCs) with the highest standards in maritime and oceans education and training. WMU also has a highly respected research programme supported by specialized research groups across the maritime and ocean fields. WMU has housing facilities for its students - The Henrik Smith Residence (HSR), with 223 rooms.
The position of the HSR Supervisor falls within the Administration Unit at WMU’s headquarters in Malmö, Sweden. The incumbent will perform his/her duties at the HSR Residence.
The incumbent reports to the Head of Finance and Administrative Services and ensures an effective and efficient management of the HSR. The incumbent ensures a safe, secure and organized community for WMU students and other residents. The incumbent is responsible for the safety, security and maintenance of HSR.
Internal contacts – Incumbent liaises and reports to WMU Administration on a regular basis as well with respect to Academic Services, Student Services, HR and IT staff as required. External contacts – Incumbent liaises with the City of Malmö, vendors and suppliers, external customers, Visiting Professors/guests of WMU including newly arrived members of Staff.
The incumbent will in particular provide the following support services:
- Oversee the daily running of the HSR, including rooms, common areas, equipment, services and security of the premises;
- Oversee the provision of housing to WMU students and visitors ensuring that all rooms are assigned and ready for occupancy in a timely manner;
- Assist and orient students, residents and visitors which includes on-boarding support and the communication of applicable WMU policies and procedures;
- Provide safe, clean and organized premises by reviewing the safety patrol reports and educating all residents of HSR on the security policies as well as overseeing the housekeeping services to ensure cleanliness;
- Participate in the planning and execution of any WMU policies, events or projects that involve housing at HSR and which may require the procurement and ordering of services and provisions needed;
- Maintain responsive customer service operations, holding regular office hours with an open door policy for students and other residents;
- Undertake any other administrative tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum requirements – education, experience and language skills
- The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent technical orcommercial school.
- Have a minimum of five years of experience in administrative tasks.
- Experience in facilities management;
- Experience in higher education academic environments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of another UN language would be an advantage.
Desirable Qualifications, Competencies and Professional Experience
- An understanding of WMU and its mission, and strong commitment to the delivery of the highest practicable standards in pursuing its mandate;
- Good knowledge of administrative work, facility management and emergency management;
- Sound judgment, integrity, tact and discretion in dealing with others;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be pro-active and have the ability to work effectively and accurately with little guidance and supervision;
- Be able to work in an international environment with English as the primary language;
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, motivation, enthusiasm and tact;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Terms and Conditions
This vacancy is open to male and female candidates. WMU seeks to increase the number of women at all levels and, therefore, qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply. WMU will make every effort to facilitate the employment of persons with disabilities.
Applicants must fill in the Personal history form which can be found at https://wmu.se/about/careers and send a letter of interest, a complete CV, and the contact information of three referees to Marco Batista, Head of Human Resources (email@example.com).
This position is only open to persons legally authorized to live and work in Sweden. The selected candidate will be locally recruited.
Deadline for Applications: 21 August 2020.
Keywords: admin, administratör, administration, fastighet