Head of Risk Management & Permanent Control to BNP Paribas Cardif
BNP Paribas Cardif provides insurance solutions on the Nordic markets through banks, finance and insurance companies. The largest product group is creditor insurance. The objective for the BNP Paribas Cardif Nordic group is to create long-term relationships with its partners, and the business model optimizes each step in the value chain to create and continuously increase customer and partner value.
BNP Paribas Cardif is now searching for a Head of Risk Management & Permanent Control to our Nordic organization.
Risk Management & Permanent Control is responsible for supporting and promoting a risk-based approach in the business and ensuring that the risk appetite framework of the company is built and monitored continuously, with the aim to ensure high quality throughout the organization and its activities. Today the team consists of the manager and one employee. Risk Management & Permanent Control is also responsible for ensuring strong risk awareness among employees.
The assignment includes the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Continuously identify and evaluate risks through risk reporting
- Independently perform control of operations according to an annual plan and propose improvement measures
- Contribute to systematically documentation of processes and propose updating when required
- Validate and report within the groups risk management system
- Manage incident reporting and follow-up of actions taken
- Fraud prevention; owner of the local framework and reporting
- Being responsible for all obligation related to regulatory key functions in insurance
- Supporting the Board of Directors, and well as the CEOs with relevant information on risks
- Coordinator of Risk committees, including participation and formalization
- Link with other risk departments (actuarial, compliance) and IT security
- Recommendations management (both internal and external auditors, including being the contact person)
- Contribute to regulatory reporting such as ORSA/SFCR/RSR and Annual report
Required experience and knowledge
Academic degree (Master of Business Administration / Law) or equivalent education / experience are definite requirements for this position.
You must be fluent in Swedish as well as in English, both verbally and in writing. Working language within the group is English.
Meriting experience and knowledge
Insurance certification / diploma, e.g. IFU
Risk Management Certification
Experience within insurance with a knowledge on Solvency 2
We are looking for someone who today is working with similar issues ideally in insurance or banking, or within audit. The role requires five to ten years of relevant experience, high integrity and good ability to work independently.
The position requires a structured way of working and you should also possess good teamwork abilities as there are many interactions with all parts of the organization. You should be flexible and be able to deliver punctually and with high quality, also under stressed circumstances.
You must have good understanding of how the different parts of the business affect each other, as well as the ability to identify and evaluate both operational and other risks through this overall view.
You should be analytical, accurate, independent and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time. You need to possess an ability to discuss and explain your standpoint in any situation. A high level of integrity and perseverance is required in this role.
We place great emphasis on personal suitability in the selection.
The position is located at the Nordic headquarter in Gothenburg. You will be reporting to the Chief Risk Financial Officer (CRFO). The position is fulltime and permanent.
- The position is open in our Gothenburg office.
- We offer a work in a global and expansive company within the Nordic region, therefore with 4 countries and 4 insurance markets as your daily workplace.
- International experience in the group is one of the possible career evolutions.
- We offer exercise contribution and are connected to Benify’s portal for benefits.
If you have any questions, please, feel free to send an email to Elisabeth Marenius, HR Manager, email@example.com
The selection process is ongoing, so do not wait to submit your application. The last date to submit your application is 10th of September 2019. The position could be filled before the last day to apply. You are welcome with your application through the link below to our job portal; https://bnpparibasgt.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=SWE000043&lang=en
Background checks, as well as testing could be carried out. As a key function holder in an insurance undertaking, the position is also subject to a fit and proper assessment by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (“Finansinspektionen”).
More about BNP Paribas Cardif
BNP Paribas Cardif is the insurance business of the French banking group BNP Paribas, leading banking and financial services provider in the Euro zone. BNP Paribas Cardif currently operates in 35 countries and has approximately 100 million policyholders.
BNP Paribas Cardif Nordic AB is operating in the Scandinavian markets since 2000 and is the parent company of the two insurance companies BNP Paribas Cardif Försäkring AB and BNP Paribas Cardif Livförsäkring AB, with branches in Norway and Denmark. The insurance companies also carry out cross-border activities in Finland.
BNP Paribas Cardif Nordic AB and its subsidiaries currently have about 115 employees in Sweden, Norway and Denmark and are continuously growing to go along with an expansion strategy. Our main products are protection products, covering our customers in case of adverse events such as accident, disease, unemployment, or damage on personal belongings.
For more information, see www.bnpparibascardif.se and www.bnpparibascardif.com