Head of Production – Brain Academy
Are you our future Head of Production? This is a key role for our plan of becoming the best executor, with the best scripted content in our business!
About Brain Academy
Brain Academy is an international entertainment company with offices in Stockholm and Los Angeles. We are dedicated to producing bold and innovative television and film projects for every screen. Brain Academy is made up of skilled and experienced producers and development professionals that provide resources, support and out-of-the-box thinking. Our passionate and talented team is devoted to artistry from concept to execution creating high quality scripted content for a global audience that engages, inspires and transforms. We are part of NENT Studios.
The company was founded in 2014 by our CEO Peter Settman, and since then it has had a massive growth and is already one of the biggest scripted production companies in the Nordics. We have opened an office in Los Angeles, developed and produced award winning TV shows, worked with on and off screen talents such as Keanu Reeves, Morena Baccharin, Don Bitters, Mikael Håfström, Peter Stormare, Johan Glans and many more. We are working in an international environment and our customers spread from broadcasters and distributors to SVOD platforms and private financiers.
What we want you to do
You will be overall responsible for all our productions managed from the Stockholm office, including all Swedish, Nordic and European productions. You will be setting and implementing processes in our executions and lead our producers in the production phase of our projects.
The Head of Production will be part of the Management Group in Sweden, and work close to our Head of Development and COO, in addition to our creators and producers who are among the best skilled people in the Nordics.
The role is focused on our Stockholm based operations, including rest of the Nordics and Europe as market. There will be some collaboration with our LA office.
You will report to COO, and have a crucial role in the management group.
Your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Overall responsibility for all productions, after Greenlight (execution, financial, process...)
- Recruitments of producers and line producers and other relevant personal
- Play an important part of budgeting as part of sales work
- Responsible to set, document and implement the ”Brain-way-of-working” in the development phase
- Overall responsibility for all production budgets – making sure we have accurate estimates and that budgets are being followed
- Responsible for producing, documenting and implementing the “way-of-working” in Brain's execution of productions
- Responsible for regular reconciliation that execution corresponds to sales in all projects (HoD + HoP + Producer)
- Lead our producers in the production phase, from Greenlight to final delivery
- Responsible for handing over line-by-line budget to producer/line producer, and making sure budgets are followed
- Be part of setting the company's strategy and targets (budgets, genres etc)
- Close cooperation with Head of Development to ensure that we have capacity for execution of pipeline
- Active role in the management group.
What we can do for you
We can offer you a creative and fast paced environment with the best writers, creators and producers in the business. We are convinced that we will continue to be the fastest growing and most international company in the Nordics. We want to work with the best people, develop the best content and execute on the best productions, you will be key in this with the possibility to shape your own future!
What we ask of you
To fit for the role, we believe that you love scripted content and enjoy working with international projects. Also, you have a strategic mindset and the ability to see things from a process-oriented perspective, and the ability to lead senior producers.
We believe that you have the following background and attributes:
- Several years of experience from scripted productions, probably from a production company
- Experience from Movie Magic, production budgeting and production scheduling
- Experience from different genres
- You have probably worked as a producer, executive producer, line producer or Head of Production in your current or previous roles
- You are comfortable with leading highly skilled senior producers, as you will be working with some of the best people in the industry
- You have a tendency to see things with structural and process-oriented mindset
- You are comfortable being in a leadership position
- You find energy in a fast-moving culture
- Fluent in Swedish and English.
You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. We do not accept applications through email. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our recruiter Nina Ögren, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our office is located in Frihamnen, at Frihamnsgatan 28, 115 56, Stockholm
- We share office space with our sister companies and HQ
- Full time position, starting as soon as possible. Although we are ready to wait a while for the right candidate
- Application deadline 30th of August. Apply as soon as possible as we will be meeting candidates as applications are coming in.
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’)