We will offer comprehensive solutions for buildings and areas along the energy value chain, e.g. solar power, electricity, heat, e mobility charging, storage, sub metering, billing and beyond. Digital tools and services that combine the benefits of both decentralized and centralized energy production into a completely new solutions across Vattenfall will complement our offering. A service that fits our real estate customers’ needs, today and in the future – we aim to be the only energy partner our customers need. The Business Unit is currently present in Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands and the UK.
If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture, then this is the place to be.
Responsibilities as Head of Product:
• Define the Product/service strategy and development road map together with the European Center of Excellence for buildings, areas and digital in line with BU Strategy and country P&L unit needs
o Turn Customer and Competitor insight into product development and pricing that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands
o Prioritize features by ranking them against the strategic goals and initiatives. This requires making difficult trade-off decisions based on the value that new features will deliver to customers and to the business.
o Responsible for defining the requirements for each feature and the desired user experience for (existing) products/solutions
o Plan the timeline of delivery and implementation of new products and new releases of existing products
o Define the release process and coordinate all of the activities required to bring the product to market.
o Support the European CoE’s for the (new) product development on these topics.
• Product Management
o Execution of Product/Service/Solution development
o Create and manage contract templates, pricing templates etc.
o Product/Service/Solution management
o Contact for Customer Care Center and complaints
o Pricing and margin strategy and guidelines
o Set up, monitor and improve metrics (KPI) to evaluate the success of your products
• Product Lifecycle
o Manage the product portfolio; the lifecycle of “your” products to ensure successful launches that leads to increased sales and profitability of the country P&L
o Provide Product Support during the Product Life Cycle
• Manage Design and Quotation process
o Operative solutions design/engineering and library
o Operative floor pricing
o Customer credit policies and operative credit decision.
o Customer credit portfolio monitoring
o Operative customer contract design and library
o Pre- and post-acquisition support
• Process and IT/Digital
o Processes and IT related to products/services/solutions
o Process and IT related to product development and product management
o Sub process and IT; of solutions and quotation within “lead to agreement”
o OPEX of the Product unit including IT/Digital
o CAPEX of product IT and operational IT/Digital
o Floor price per customer project and portfolio
The role reports to the European Director of Product, BU Energy Solutions.
To be successful as Head of Product we believe that you have the following experience:
• 10+ year working with product development/management
• Master of Science in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or similar
• Proven track record from leading IT intensive product development
• Experience of balancing the customer benefits with risk mitigation in legal contracts
• Proven capability to lead and inspire others, direct and non-direct reports
• Thorough understanding of the energy market and/or Real Estate market and/or area development
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be:
• A high performing individual with a passion to win
• A team player
• Able to provide the deep product expertise needed to lead the organization and make strategic product decisions. You are the glue that bind the many functions that touch a product—engineering, IT, design, customer success, sales, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and more
• An industry expert - you know the industry inside out, and you can tell everything about typical product users - what they need, how they think, and what they sang in the shower this morning. You know the market, the product, the product line, and the competition extremely well and operate from a strong basis of knowledge and confidence
• Passionate to design customer-centric experiences throughout customer decision journey
• Obsessed with usage metrics and building customer empathy to observe, listen, and learn how people actually use and experience products.
• Extremely well organized and strong in prioritizing – you understand the balance between short term concerns, midterm objectives and our long-term vision and you are able to distill complex requirements down to valuable user stories
• In comfort with business strategy, portfolio prioritization, and tracking key performance indicators
• Able to go deep on technology trends, architectural questions and to speak the technical language of the industry—and translate that language to the less technically inclined.
• A world-class communicator with extremely high emotional intelligence and high interest in collaboration. You are excellent in reading the room, smoothing rough waters, and communicating with clarity, authority and understanding to get the different stakeholders en route.
• A strategic thinker with very strong doer and hands-on abilities
• Passionate about being part of building a new business.
• Fluent in Swedish and English and to have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location of this position is Stockholm.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply 20th May 2019. We do not accept applications through email.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Angelique Kuut +31 6 31641360. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Shala Jamshid, Shala.Jamshid@vattenfall.com . Trade Union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Kalle Almqvist, Akademikerna, Kjell Karlsson, Ledarna, Christian Magnusson, SEKO och Patrik Nenzén, Unionen.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living building by building, district by district, city by city.