Sobi offers the opportunity to work at an international pharmaceutical company focused on specialty pharmaceuticals meeting the high medical needs of rare disease patients, and providing treatment and services to them. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds within research, healthcare, industry and the academic sphere. Read more at www.sobi.com
Head of Internal Control
Sobi is looking for a Head of Internal Control for the Group. As Head of Internal Control, you are a member of the Financial Leadership Team (FLT) and report directly to the CFO.
Your area of responsibility primarily includes building and maintaining good internal control over financial reporting, which includes both the head office and the Group's subsidiaries, but also helping, with your knowledge and experience, other functions at the head office to strengthen their internal control.
The position is based at the headquarters in Stockholm (Solna), Sweden.
Ensure that Sobi has established a system for internal control over financial reporting to ensure reliable and up-to-date financial information in monthly, quarterly and annual reports by:
- Together with the CFO, prepare an annual internal control plan for the activities to be prioritized. This plan is followed up by the CFO through regular meetings.
- Visit the subsidiaries to review and test processes and routines and to evaluate their internal control. The results of these visits are reported to the CFO and you will draw up an action plan to manage the areas that need improvement
- Conduct audits and analyses in areas decided by the Chief Financial Officer or another member of the Executive Committee (ExCom). When the audit is complete, provide a qualitative and timely report of identified deficiencies and proposed actions
- Mapping of financial processes. The processes include identified risks and existing controls and measures required to improve internal control and ensure that risks in the key financial processes have adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting processes
- Prepare information material and conduct internal control training to the business, to build knowledge and understanding of risks and need of efficient controls. COSO's framework is the foundation for Sobi's internal control
- Seek and implement best practices within the Sobi Group to manage internal control over financial reporting and issue governing documents for the Group and the Parent Company
- Monitor and review that corresponding governing documents issued by the subsidiaries are compliant with Group standards and collaborate with and support other HQ functions in their work to improve internal control. For example, when issuing governing documents and mapping processes.
- Test and monitor implemented controls to ensure compliance and moderate and report yearly risk assessment for HQ Finance and plan, conduct and report annual risk assessment for HQ Finance and responsible for the finance portal, the Group's digital finance manual
- Continuously improve the internal control processes
- Group Risk Manager, with responsibility for the process and reporting to the Executive Committee
- Monitor that deficiencies identified by the external auditors regarding internal control are corrected or explained and maintaining good continuous communication and cooperation with Sobi's external auditors
Who are we looking for?
In this role, you will interact with people across the Sobi group why being interested in people, building relationships, being responsive, and wanting to help are important attributes. Other important attributes and competences are:
- University degree in Business Administration/Finance or equivalent
- 8-10 years’ experience from audit and line function within finance or experience as internal control manager with solid knowledge of COSO’s framework
- Hands-on management style, independent, self-driven personality with high integrity
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment in a growing business
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and oral. Swedish language is a plus
- To have both analytical skills and a high level of attention to details
- Experience working in different geographical/cultural locations and experience from international public companies is a plus
SOBI is collaborating with MRG in this recruitment. Please apply with cv and cover letter at www.mrgsweden.se Responsible headhunter is Tord Lindstedt and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org Selection will start in the beginning of August.