Head of Diagnostic Services
Unique business development and management opportunity in leading biotech start-up
We are a growing biotech company based in Lund, Sweden which provides gut health testing services and modulators. The position of Head of Diagnostic Services is a newly established position in Carbiotix. It is a unique opportunity to join a company taking a lead in the microbiome healthcare industry. You will play a key role in helping the company fulfil its mission of increasing the consumption of prebiotics in people’s diets through a portfolio of microbiome modulators covering prebiotic ingredients, medical foods and therapeutics, and a range of cost effective gut health testing services. As Head of Diagnostic you will sit in the management team and report directly to the CEO.
Carbiotix is an award-winning, publicly traded, biotech company focused on affordable and effective gut health testing and the production of a second generation prebiotic soluble fibre called AXOS. Carbiotix was founded in 2014 as a spin-off company from the Department of Biotechnology at Lund University, Sweden, the largest university in the Nordic Region and a global top 100 university. The company’s soluble fibre AXOS was selected as a top new ingredient by the Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) in Europe and the US in 2015.
Your main tasks are:
- To take a leading role with regards to lead generation & follow up, sales, business development and the management of Carbiotix current and future gut health diagnostic services.
- To be the main contact person with partners and customers and thus provide the necessary support that is needed to grow the business area.
- To take overall responsibility for packaging, suppliers, logistics and other areas related to Carbiotix diagnostic services.
- Work with the CEO on key accounts within the diagnostic services and modulator business areas.
You have a proven track record of accomplishment with regards to sales, business development and the management of a service function, with preferably more then 5-years experience from a similar position in a technical field. You have extensive experience in partner and customer relations.
You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Sales or similar.
You are ambitious and independent and can take a leadership role with regards to setting goals and meeting milestones. You are comfortable in a dynamic, start-up environment and accustomed to the opportunities presented with this setting. You are comfortable reading, writing and speaking in English and Swedish.
Travelling: 15-20 days per under normal conditions.
Carbiotix is based in Lund, Sweden in the Active Biotech building. Easy access to public transportation (tram stop planned outside office). Many choices of lunch restaurants, access to a free gym in the building, free parking, and close to the E22.
Why Should You Apply?
- Join a start-up company where you can make a big impact and grow.
- Possibility for shares through options agreement.
- Competitive salary.
- Lenient office hours.
- 10% pension savings.
- Ability to change the world and have a real impact on the lives of many people.
All applications must be in English and are treated confidentially. We will process the applications on an ongoing basis.