Head of Development – Brain Academy
Are you our future Head of Development? This is a key role for our plan of becoming the best executor, with the best scripted content in our business!
About Brain Academy
Brain Academy is an international entertainment company with offices in Stockholm and Los Angeles. We are dedicated to producing bold and innovative television and film projects for every screen. Brain Academy is made up of skilled and experienced producers and development professionals that provide resources, support and out-of-the-box thinking. Our passionate and talented team is devoted to artistry from concept to execution creating high quality scripted content for a global audience that engages, inspires and transforms. We are part of NENT Studios.
The company was founded in 2014 by our CEO Peter Settman, and since then it has had a massive growth and is already one of the biggest scripted production companies in the Nordics. We have opened an office in Los Angeles, developed and produced award winning TV shows, worked with on and off screen talents such as Reanu Keeves, Morena Baccharin, Don Bitters, Mikael Håfström, Peter Stormare, Johan Glans and many more. We are working in an international environment and our customers spread from broadcasters and distributors to SVOD platforms and private financiers.
What we want you to do
You will be overall responsible for all our Swedish, Nordic and European development. You will be setting and implementing development processes and lead our creators in the development phase of our projects.
The Head of Development will be part of the Management Group in Sweden, and work close to our Head of Production, COO and CEO, in addition to our creators and producers who are among the best skilled people in the Nordics.
The role is focused on our Stockholm based operations, including rest of the Nordics and Europe as market. There will be some collaboration with our LA office.
You will report to COO, with a dotted line to CEO regarding all creative work, and have a crucial role in the management group.
Your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Active role in the management group
- Involved with all development and sales work from our Stockholm office (including rest the Nordics and Europe)
- Overall responsibility of all development projects
- Lead our creators, writers and producers in the development phase
- Responsible for making sure we have enough resources to handle our development projects
- Ensure structure and planning in the development phase
- Responsible to set, document and implement the ”Brain-way-of-working” in the development phase
- Evaluate ideas/intake at early stage – decide what to invest in and work with (internal and external ideas)
- Evaluate and feedback on highly skilled writers work
- Always being up to date with the market/customers, in order to be part of setting Brains strategy, targets and KPI’s
- Full responsibility of development work, in relation to overall company target.
What we can do for you
We can offer you a creative and fast paced environment with the best writers, creators and producers in the business. We are convinced that we will continue to be the fastest growing and most international company in the Nordics. We want to work with the best people, develop the best content and execute on the best productions, you will be key in this with the possibility to shape your own future!
What we ask of you
To fit for the role, we believe that you love scripted content and enjoy working with international projects. Also, you have a strategic mindset and the ability to see things from a process-oriented perspective, and the ability to lead highly skilled writers.
We believe that you have the following background and attributes:
- Several years of experience from scripted development, either from a production company and/or a scripted buying company
- Vast experience and passion for reading and evaluating manuscripts.
- Experience from different genres
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- You have probably worked as a producer, executive producer or Head of Development in your current or previous roles
- You are comfortable with leading highly skilled senior creators, as you will be working with the some of the best people in the business
- We value your creativity, but your ability of structure and leadership is equally important
- You find energy in a fast-moving culture.
You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. We do not accept applications through email. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our recruiter Nina Ögren, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our office is located in Frihamnen, at Frihamnsgatan 28, 115 56, Stockholm.
- We share office space with our sister companies and HQ
- Full time position, starting as soon as possible. Although we are ready to wait a while for the right candidate
- Application deadline 30th of August. Apply as soon as possible as we will be meeting candidates as applications are coming in.
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can abe – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’)