On behalf of Trustly, Michael Page are currently looking for a skilled Group Accounting Manager to join the company's office in downtown Stockholm. The main task of the role is to be responsible for all Group Accounting-teaks as well as the integration of new entities into Trustly's processes. The role does not include any staff management but is expected to grow in this regard in the future.
The Trustly group consists of nearly 30 companies with subsidiaries in several countries within Europe. The Finance team today consists of some 20 full-time employees across the Accounting, Payroll, Controlling, Cash Management and Banking Relations team. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm with team members in Malta and Spain.
In short, the Finance department's main responsibilities are internal and external financial reporting, keeping track of all transactions and support other parts of the organization with financial data.
It is the main responsibility of the Group Accounting Manager to make sure that the financial reporting keeps up with the high pace of the Trustly group we are now looking for a skilled Group Accounting Manager. You will work closely with other parts of the Finance department and you will report to the Head of Accounting, who also has a solid understanding of the Group Accounting requirements. To be successful in this role you need to appreciate a dynamic environment and to be able to meet tight deadlines.
What you'll do:
- All elements of the consolidated financial reporting including managing monthly, quarterly and year-end closings as well as preparing the Annual Report for the group together with Head of Accounting
- Ensure compliance with IFRS. Together with the Head of Accounting you will make sure that the financial statements for the group are in compliance with IFRS
- Accounting for business combinations, M&A's and similar transactions
- Cash flow analysis
- Ad hoc accounting projects
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements in our current process
We are looking for candidates with solid knowledge of Group Accounting, ideally coupled with a few years' experience within auditing. Formal management experience is not a requirement but it is important that you are open to the idea of managing staff.
Who you are:
- Academic degree within finance and accounting
- Minimum 5 years' experience from auditing and /or accounting, experience from a Big 4 firms is considered a merit
- Experience of improving and aligning systems and processes is considered a strong merit
- A genuine interest of working within accounting, good knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills
- You are fluent in both Swedish and English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A quick learner who is comfortable taking ownership of given tasks and working independently
- You are sociable and like to work closely in a team
Trustly offers you the chance to join a rapidly expanding company within a developing, contemporary sector. You would join a skilled and motivated team in a stylish office based in the center of Stockholm. It's a good opportunity for candidates who wish to get into an Accounting Manager position with leadership responsibilities but who do not yet have extensive previous experience of management.