Front Desk Assistant (80% part-time post)
The World Maritime University (WMU) is a postgraduate and research university established in 1983 by the International Maritime Organization, the maritime agency of the United Nations. WMU offers M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Professional Development Courses (PDCs) with the highest standards in maritime and oceans education and training. WMU also has a highly respected research programme supported by specialized research groups across the maritime and ocean fields.
The Front Desk Assistant position is located in the Administration unit at WMU’s headquarters in Malmö, Sweden.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Finance and Administrative Services, the post-holder is expected to perform a variety of front desk and clerical functions and provide quality customer service. The post-holder is expected to oversee the front desk area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests. Discretion, tact and confidentiality are required.
- Oversees the University front entrance and WMU shop (promotional merchandise);
- Greets and welcomes people coming into the building, registering guests and new staff/PhD students and guide them to their in-house contact;
- Hands out keys and visitors cards when required;
- Monitors the security camera at the back entrance;
- Keeps track of the WMU publications and brochures stock and refill when needed;
- Responsible for updating the internal telephone list on the staff portal;
- Processes national and international incoming and outgoing courier services;
- Keeps front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.);
- Answers all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages;
- Responsible for managing loans of computers, adapters, laser presenters, mobile phones, bicycles, safe and healthy bags, keys etc;
- Monitors office supplies and place orders when necessary;
- Keeps updated records and files;
- Sells promotional items and does the monthly accounts;
- Responsible for refilling of printing accounts for students;
- Perform other duties as needed.
Minimum requirements – education, experience and language skills
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent technical or commercial school.
- Two years of experience in the occupational area.
- Excellent command of English and Swedish.
- Knowledge of another UN language would be an advantage.
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to organise own work and to complete tasks accurately, including attention to detail;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to work in an international environment with English as the primary language;
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.);
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping;
Customer service orientation;
- Effective communication skills in an international and multi-cultural academic environment; flexibility, motivation, enthusiasm and tact;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
WMU seeks to increase the number of women at all levels and, therefore, qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply. WMU will make every effort to facilitate the employment of persons with disabilities.
The application has to be submitted in English. Applicants must fill in the Personal History Form, which can be found at http://wmu.se/vacancies , provide a letter of interest, and the contact information of three referees to Marco Batista, Head of Human Resources (email@example.com). Candidates will be contacted if they are short-listed. Deadline for applications: 8 September 2019.
This position is an 80% part-time post and is only open to persons legally authorized to live and work in Sweden. The selected candidate will be locally recruited. The employment contract offered is in accordance with the United Nations International Civil Service Commission (ICSC) standards for General Service staff in Sweden. The Salary is exempt from Swedish taxation.
Sökord: office manager, office management, administrator, administration, admin, receptionist, reception, “office manager”, first impression, front-desk, kontorsadministration, receptionsjobb, receptionistjobb, job, jobb, work, karriär, career, officemanager, assistent, malmöjobb, skåne, skånejobb,Administration, Faculty Assistant,