The purpose of the role is to focus the analysis and reporting capabilities in one function within finance in order to drive a more efficient way of working and clarity of the financial reporting. This function will be responsible for consolidating a full P&L of the region, working with the commercial business partner on operational side and ownership of overheads for the region. The region consists of 11 countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Netherlands, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkmenistan).
The FP&A function will also be responsible for the financial analysis of the business, delivering performance analysis and reporting it in a clear way across the organisation. The FP&A manager will therefore work closely with the finance director and the managing director of the business in order to lay out the right targets and in summarising the financial results in a succinct manner. FP&A will also take leadership of financial business processes, including weekly forecasting, budgeting and business reviews. Consequently, the FP&A function will be responsible for efficiently structuring the financial analysis in order to drive effective business processes. Finally, FP&A will take ownership of financial information flow with the business, driving simplification and consistency across the region.
Intertek has been on a journey growing the business while improving financial returns, so the role of FP&A is critical in driving clarity, efficiency of data flow and satisfying reporting needs. Success in this role will be in driving clarity of financial analysis and leadership of key financial business process as well as managing timely reporting requirements.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: generating analytics and reporting
- Manage month end close position with the different business lines, working closely with the commercial business partners and with the MD/FD. Clearly communicate month end result to senior stakeholders and Group
- Ownership of cost controls within the region, including full ownership of delivering budgeted overheads and setting up business processes for the entire cost structure of the region
- Improve forecast accuracy of weekly forecasting of P&L and working capital
- Manage independent financial analysis of the full P&L and working capital of actual performance and forecast. Translate analysis into a ‘simple story’ and communicate across the business
- Support the MD and FD setting up financial objectives and KPIs. Evaluate achievement of financial objectives of key KPIs
- Develop and distribute standard set of reports. Simplify the flow of information and drive clarity of analysis and reporting
- Lead financial business processes including weekly forecasting, budgeting and working capital reporting, managing timelines and expectations clearly with key stakeholders in the region
- Coordinate performance reviews consolidating actions and tracking them with the business
- Own risk and opportunity schedule, working closely with operations to manage and communicate P&L and working capital risks and opportunities
- Manage reporting systems and effective flow of information within the region
- Manage reporting to region /Group finance in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage, coach and develop the FP&A Analyst for the region.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience
- Master’s degree from a good university in a numeric subject
- +7 years of working experience in finance, ideally in FP&A and/or in international and matrix organized companies
- Proficient analytical skills and MS Excel knowledge
- Analytical mindset and the ability to translate data analysis into an action driven plan
- Organised with ability to lead business processes
- Problem solving and process mindset
- Clear communicator with the ability to lay out complex ideas in simple terms
- Hands on approach with the ability to get personally involved
- Approachable with ability to interact with different level of senior people
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
Intertek is the trusted service provider to many of the world’s leading brands, companies and governments, and has earned a reputation for accuracy, reliability, integrity, and technical competence. Our Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services take us into nearly every field, from textiles, toys and electronics, to building, heating, pharmaceuticals, petroleum, food, cargo scanning and medical devices.
In a world where a company’s success depends on its reputation for quality, safety, and socially responsible products and processes, Intertek employees make a difference.
Intertek Sweden have approximate 450 employees, working mainly with electrical testing (Semko), medical reviews (Intertek Medical Notified Body) and business assurance (Intertek Certification) in three legal entities based in Kista.