We are looking for a new person to join and test Xylem products as their new Product Security Engineer. Are you interested in working independently and have an attack mindset - this is the position for you! Xylem primary works with solving the global water challenges and that is one of the many reasons why Xylems co-workers are so engaged in what they do on a daily basis. Did you know that they were first in the world with the Submersible pump and with the Smart pump? Welcome to a fast-paced and international workplace, where you get the opportunity to contribute to innovative solutions to the world's water need.
About the role
Xylem is a global company and you will work from their office in Sundbyberg with 350 co-workers. Xylem is a tech-company and you will be working mostly with the division that is developing data-driven water solutions including software, firmware, custom hardware, PLCs, telemetry units, and a variety of smart pumping devices. Xylems products and solutions are first class and with a long experience in the industry, they help with solving the world's most challenging water problems. Here is a movie that will give you a greater insight into Xylem Watermark.
We are now looking for a new member to the global product security team, and you will be the first hire stationed in Stockholm and report to your manager in the USA. In this role you will be responsible for the product testing and work closely with the engineers to improve and understand Xylems products. You have the freedom to design the security testing plan and also see it through for each individual product. A big part of the role is also working to send feedback to engineering teams to improve the design and development process. Here you get the opportunity to help form the product security department in a sustainable way. Xylem is taking a leading cybersecurity position in the water industry and your work will help shape how the industry will work in the future.
You are offered
- A workplace where you help improve the living conditions for people all around the world
- An opportunity to build Product security in the water industry
- Develop work processes and technical solutions
Xylem has won several different prizes, one being Guldknappen, where they won the award for Swedens most parental friendly working-place because they strive for their employees to have a good balance between work and family.
- Hands-on penetration testing.
- Threat modeling, building test plans, make security recommendations.
- Process/service development.
- Documenting the results and gathering data.
- Communications to the client when the testing is completed.
We are looking for
- Have an academic degree in software engineering/ or equivalent work experience
- Have experience within product or IT-security
- Have experience with penetration testing
- Have experience as a developer or engineer
It is an advantage if you:
- Industrial experience
- Have experience with tools such as Burp Suite, nmap, Metasploit, Shodan, Kali, or similar
As a person you are:
As a person, you are independent as you dont have a direct manager here in Stockholm. You are also curious and willing to learn more within the field with a passion for product security. You have a positive spirit and work well with others.
- Start: Upon agreement
- Work extent: Full-time
- Location: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Xylem that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Xylem is a global team that is united in one common goal: to create advanced technical solutions for the worlds water challenges. Our work is focused on developing new technicians that improve how water is used, preserved and re-used in the future. Our products and services transport, treats, analyses. Overwatch and re-install water to the environment through companys within construction, industrial and commercial buildings. Xylem is also leading within smart measuring equipment, network technic and advanced analytic instrument for water-, electricity and gas. We have strong long-running relationships with our clients in over 150 different countries that knows us through our strong combination between leading trademarks and application expertise with a focus on developing universal and sustainable solutions. 2018 Xylem had 17 000 employees and a revenue on 5.2 billion US dollar.