On behalf of our client, Michael Page is looking for a Controller to join our client's operations in Upplands Väsby. The role combines closing and monthly reporting with adhoc analysis, budgeting and forecasting and can thus be described as a combination of Financial Control and Business Control,
Our client is one of the leading European multinationals in long steel products. It currently operates in 11 countries and has six large business groups with steel mills, rolling mills, transformation plants, distribution, service centers and recycling. The company has an extensive commercial service network worldwide.
Our client, and the companies that operate under its brand, represent the largest producer of long products in Spain and one of the main European producers. The company has industrial presence in Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Norway, Poland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
* Prepare the monthly internal financial reports with the rest of the team and improve/upgrade the overall reporting process.
* Adhoc analyses and participation in special projects (routines/procedures improvements, internal control, reporting software implementation….)
* Forecast processes + Budget (all financial statements included), including co-managing models in the future
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting
* At least 5 years of relevant experience (including at least 2 years of middle/senior role in controlling). The 5 years of experience might include 2-3 years of audit roles.
* Good accounting principles and procedures knowledge with some experience with preparation of financial statements. Some background in Consolidation process is not mandatory but will be a plus.
* Advanced knowledge in EXCEL.
* SAP knowledge is not mandatory but will be a plus.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work under stress and time pressure, Being able to have several projects in progress at the same time.
* Ambition for professional developing, being a self-starter who takes own initiatives
* Communicative person
* Handle small and big tasks with a smile, from smaller daily tasks to more complex tasks.
Fluent in English, written and spoken
* International, innovative and successful company acting in a very competitive sector that demands a groundbreaking approach from all the Departments
* Group leader in the Nordics (50% market share)
* Family-owned group with long-term perspectives and focus on developing its people
* The role comprises a wide range of facets that might vary over time, which will give a general overview on both the business and on the Group structure which might allow the candidate to get promoted in the future, as long as its performance reaches the desired level