Electronic component management is a progressively demanding area within development and production of avionics systems. In order to meet the future we need a site component coordinator at Saab Avionics Systems in Huskvarna.
Your role will be to coordinate Component Engineering at Avionics Systems.
· Develop and maintain processes and methods for component engineering (including obsolescence management) and ensure compliance
· Monitor component engineering mailbox, prioritize and distribute incoming work
· Provide support to electronic design engineers and system engineers regarding cost, availability and technical advantages of various component choices. Review BoM and support in register new part numbers.
· Perform life cycle analysis of components, monitor PCN:s and identify alternate components for obsolete and end of life components
· Collaborate and communicate internally with Engineering, Purchasing, Production Engineering, IFS expertise and Reliability expertise
· Communicate externally with manufacturers and distributors of components and with CCC (Saab Component Competence Centre) in Gothenburg
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
· Bachelor's degree in electronics engineering (or related like physics, computer science, mathematics)
· Working experience within component engineering or electronics development or purchasing of electronic components
· Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
· Service minded and quality conscious
· Experience from aviation, aerospace or automotive
· Experience in working with IFS and IHS
· Knowledge in regulations such as RoHS, REACH and RTCA/DO-254
· Experience of / interested in leadership (e.g. team leading)
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
Saab Avionics Systems develops and manufactures safety critical systems and equipment for demanding applications in fixed wing aircraft and helicopters. Avionics Systems portfolio includes the new generation Head-Up Display System, Mission Computers, Control and Actuation Systems and Communication Management System. For the JAS 39 Gripen systems, we deliver a various number of equipment such as Computers and Flight Management Systems and high-lift systems for the Boeing 787 and Airbus A400M, and gyros for multiple military applications. Avionics Systems have more than 300 employees located in Jönköping and Järfälla and most of our projects are carried out in an international environment. Avionics Systems is part of the Business Area Industrial Product and Services.
Our employees are our greatest resource and will always be. We are therefore looking for committed and motivated employees with a high degree of professionalism and goal orientation. We place great emphasis on building trust internally and to our customers. We are looking for employees who want to work in an environment characterized by knowledge, expertise and trust.
Engineering is responsible for engineering competences and have about 140 resources, in a variety of areas, Software, Electronics, Power and PLD, Test Equipment, Qualification and Verification, Team management, Systems Engineering, Mechanics, Optics, ILS and Configuration Management.
Within Avionics Systems we develop and produce equipment and systems with very high demands on reliability and traceability and electronic component management is therefore a highly important part of our daily work. You will collaborate and communicate with all parties involved in this area - experienced engineers as well as stakeholders - in order to make component engineering a high performance part of our business.
You will be part of the department Computer Hardware within Engineering at Avionics Systems. Location for this job is Huskvarna.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.