Job Title: Colourist
As the Colorist in Nässjö, Sweden you are taking the ownership of the operational excellence of our powder production unit and will report to GI Project Manager.
Colourist is widely in contact with Sales forces and sometimes with customers. Main responsibility of the position is to develop new colours as well as the production of new and existing standard colours. The whole blending process must be done in accordance with minimization of waste and losses, and company safety and housekeeping rules.
• Match, tinting and formulating colours as requested by local markets (lead time) using newest standards and equipment
• Produce developed formulations
• Applications of panels in lab
• Do the labelling of the finish product
• Ship orders and deliver to customers
• Quality testing
• Support the spectrophotometer and the dispensing machine color matching software
• Insure the traceability of the intermediates used to manufactured finish products
• Support inventory in and out of the warehouse
• Operate independently and achieve our high quality standards in color matching
• Contribute to work with high standards on health, safety and Environment
• Administrative work such as Invoicing, Stock, if necessary
• Some travel can occur, especially for initial education
• Production of small batches
• Experience of administrating a warehouse
• Relevant experience in Matching colors, ideally in industrial environment
• Knowledge of different coating technologies
• Ability to utilize the latest technology on mixing and tinting equipment
• Strong written communication skills in local languages and high level of English
• Previous Experience in working directly with customers is an advantage
• Solid computer skills (Office, Internet, e-mail, color matching software)
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Who we are
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.