Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For 30 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
In this high-profile role as Clinical Specialist (CS) Nordic you will have the unique fortune to shape, foster and develop strategic relationships with a variety of clinical leaders in targeted hospitals and other healthcare markets. Responsible for clinical targets, plus responsible to support the distributor and OEM with Clinical Evaluation and Research Support, you will be a proactive member of a dynamic team and enjoy securing new business and developing and increasing clinical sales in your territory. Your clinical and account management expertise will be rewarded with opportunities for career growth and advancement in a company that makes a difference in people’s lives!
- You will be seen as an expert in pulse oximetry, pulse CO-Oximetry brain function monitoring as well as an authority on the clinical impact of various patient monitoring solutions.
- Responsible for clinical support of all Masimo products in assigned territory.
- Plan, execute, and direct overall clinical specialist and research support, including development of account strategies, implementation of strategies, and coordination of resources necessary to optimize markets.
- Engage in qualification, demonstration, clinical evaluation, closure, installation and follow-up.
- Partner with appropriate distributor and OEM sales staffs in providing key clinical education and support for key account whole-house conversions
- Position Masimo SET as the new standard for pulse oximetry and Masimo Rainbow as the new standard of care for Pulse Co-Oxymetry. Participate in programs to build and maintain end-user awareness (e.g., trade show, regional symposium, competitive analysis, advertising, etc.),
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with Clinical Bodies in the territory (especially on Anesthesia, ICU, Neonatology and ER) and ensure that Masimo technologies are present in the academic programs of all major congresses and symposiums.
- Coordinate Clinical trainings and lectures with speakers over the region.
- The Clinical Specialist will work with the field in developing research accounts and conduct and follow-up on clinical evaluations involving Masimo technology.
- You will be a highly regarded and sought after source of clinically trustworthy information by customers, distributors and Masimo team members alike.
- Provide marketing input to Regional and Distribution Manager, including clinical market trends and competitive activity
- Interface with Regional and Distribution Manager to maintain mutual understanding of product design needs, regulatory, and production requirements
- Participate in clinical education efforts for Group Purchasing and Ministry initiatives
- Maintain thorough product knowledge including ability to demonstrate products, position products vs. competitive products and in-service end-users. PowerPoint presentation skills will be necessary to communicate Masimo’s vision and value proposition.
- Exceed goals within the expense budgets for all required activities
- Registered Nurse with a specialty in other medical/clinical discipline above this level
- Proven track record of Clinical Support and the ability to communicate value based solutions.
- Experience in Medical Device Clinical Support and Patient Monitoring systems highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- 2 - 3 years direct critical care, NICU, PICU, O.R, ED (Neo-natal and Pediatrics highly advantageous).
- Swedish and English verbal and written communication skills (required), other Nordic language skills would be a plus.
- Experience in customer interactions, training and presentations.
- Educational or research experience required highly advantageous.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout your territory
- Results oriented with a positive "can do" attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Direct experience in educating/training in competitive, strategy-intensive markets within hospital and/or other healthcare markets.
- Experience working with OEM and distributors sales forces.
- Experience calling on C level customers
- Comfortable in high visibility situations and exhibits strong self-confidence
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with an exceptional ability to lead group presentations
- Demonstrated self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction. Accustomed to a heavy travel schedule
- Advanced software, presentation and project management skills