Do you have a high drive for results and would like to be part of a company where your professional development is at focus? Do you see yourself as an analytical, business-minded and proactive person?
We are now looking for a Category Manager for placement in our office in Oslo. If you have previous experience from the FMCG industry and are passionate about driving the category agenda in an organization with great brands, you might be our new team member!
About the job
Category first! As our Category Manager, your main purpose is to create sustainable category growth together with our customers and position Mars as preferred strategic partner within your designated category (Confectionery, Petcare or Food).
In this role you will:
- Drive the category agenda with our customers through industry leading solutions and in-store execution
- Drive the ‘Category first’ and customer centricity agenda by internal positioning and securing category focus in all launches and customer presentations
- Develop clear recommendations on in-store placement and availability to support all launches and activities
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining our in-store excellence program for optimal placement in shelf layout and secondary placement
- Be responsible for implementing and localizing our category vision and category growth drivers with strategic customers and through collaborative partnership leveraging the long-term category growth plan
You will form close collaborations with our Norwegian Sales team (Key Account Managers & Field Sales Representatives), Marketing and Customer Marketing teams in order to reach the growth targets.
This is a great position for someone with some years of experience from FMCG, an analytical and commercial mindset who would like to develop in category management!
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with high drive for results who will make projects progress. You are analytical with a clear commercial mindset. Since you interact with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis, you are a strong collaborator with an ability to sell your ideas and to ‘stand alone’ when needed.
In order to enjoy working at Mars Nordics, we believe you constantly strive for developing yourself and thrive when having great responsibility.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a business-oriented field
- +5 years of experience within sales, marketing, shopper analytics, and/or category management in FMCG
- Fluency in English and at least one Scandinavian language
- Advanced in MS Office and Excel specifically
- Strong Analytical Skills
We review applications on a continuous basis, therefore please apply as soon as possible. You apply with your CV and cover letter through the form.
For more information about the job please contact Nordic Category Manager Elisabeth Geijron (Elisabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org / +45 28127736). She’s available by phone on Feb 8th and 15th 11.00-12.30.
For more information about the recruitment process please contact Recruitment Consultant Jonna Warnerbring (email@example.com / +46707956090).
We are not able to accept applications via e-mail.
Mars Nordics is a subsidiary of Mars Inc., one of the world's largest privately owned companies established in 1911, now with over 100.000 Associates worldwide and expanding with new opportunities and generating annual revenues of more than $33 billion. Mars is a global leader in chocolate, pet care, gum, and food and has world-class brands that have been around for more than 100 years. Mars Nordics is marketing a range of well-known brands such as SNICKERS®, M&M'S®, TWIX®, MARS®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, UNCLE BEN’S®, and DOLMIO®. Mars Nordics is a part of the European organization, employs over 260 Associates, and has its Nordic hub in Ørestad, Copenhagen.
Mars is a value driven company, our five principles serve as our compass for how we conduct ourselves and how we work at Mars. Associates put our Mars Principles into action every day through our work and our relationships with our consumers, customers, business partners, communities and one another to make a difference for people and the planet through our performance. Our Nordic offices are WWF Green Office certified, meaning we focus on reducing our environmental impact on waste and electricity. Mars is a value-driven organization that deeply believes in its associates’ potential. For more information, please visit www.mars.com