The Area Sales Manager is responsible for developing customer and dealer relationships to grow Allison business. The right candidate will develop and execute annual sales plans designed to achieve Allison's business objectives. You will play a key role in providing real time market trends, voice of the customer, and relevant business development input to facilitate key business decision making by senior leadership.
Allison Transmission is the world's largest manufacturer of commercial-duty automatic transmissions and a leader in electric hybrid propulsion systems. Their products are specified by more than 300 of the world's leading vehicle manufacturers and are used in a range of market sectors-from bus, refuse and emergency to construction, distribution and defence.
Allison was founded in 1915 in Indianapolis, Indiana, where the company's global headquarters is still located. They have approximately 1,400 dealer and distributor locations, employ more than 2,900 people around the world and their products are used in more than 100 countries.
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager that will be responsible for developing strategic business relationships. Your tasks will include:
- Development and execution of sales plans and activities designed to increase demand for Allison products
- Identification and pursuit of incremental sales volume in targeted markets
- Become value added resource for customers, OEM dealers, and distributors through training, support, and vehicle specification and develop long term relationship
- Development and execution of sales presentations to dealers, distributors, and end-user customers
- Completion of vehicle application analysis to ensure proper product utilization and optimization
- Management and implementation of key growth initiatives and programs
- Provide a high level of customer support thereby influencing customer enthusiasm for Allison products
- Development of relationships and growth opportunities with channel partners
- Development of product knowledge and the advantages of Allison products
- Development of local market knowledge
- Reporting of real time market dynamics and competitive updates to support forecasting efforts
- Represent Allison at Industry trade shows and exhibits, and Industry Associations and Meetings
- Ability to work cross functionally to provide superior/unrivaled, customer support to fleets
- Other duties as assigned
Our world and pace are fast, so your ability to handle pressure and work simultaneously with several topics will help you master this role. We believe that you will have the following skills to make it happen:
- A minimum of 5 years of business experience
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal & written)
- Previous sales/customer support experience or Allison related experience
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to demonstrate functional and technical excellence
- Ability to work collaboratively across all functions to achieve sales objectives and goals
- Ability to travel on a regular basis for company business
- Ability to build valued business relationships
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to relocate
This is an amazing opportunity to grow in a face paced company and help to provide growth in all its business segments.