Want to drive digital change in automotive?
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking. Volvo Cars have an ambitious growth plan for connected functionality and autonomous drive.
What we offer
To mitigate the threats presented to a connected autonomous vehicle, we have a solid foundation of competence within our very dedicated system security team. You will become a member of an agile development team with great team spirit. Volvo Cars have a holistic approach to in-vehicle security, spanning the complete vehicle lifecycle, involving technology for protection and detection, as well as threat intelligence and incident response. Due to your contributions to the area you will be recognized as an important player in the Security field. The position is located in one of Volvo Cars’ development centres in Lund.
What you’ll do
You get inspired by our mission to give our customers a better car experience every day. You will use your deep knowledge to analyse and enhance the protective measures that we install in all parts of the in-vehicle embedded system. Your main responsibilities include
- Perform vulnerability tests, security assessments and risk analysis activities related to in-vehicle communication independently or as a part of a team.
- Work with the test team and engineering teams to identify the security requirements.
- Collaborate with concept owners to establish verification methods and work closely with the automation team who automates test cases into the Continuous Integration (CI) machinery.
- Verify security requirements of different types of ECUs related to e.g. Infotainment, Gateway and Connectivity functions both by internal testing and review of suppliers testing.
- Create, execute and automate test cases for different types of ECUs and builds.
- Ability to work within different test environments, i.e. real cars as well as Boxcars or similar settings.
- Ensuring proficiency and adequate level of details in reports and test results
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creative analytical skills to identify vulnerabilities that are difficult to detect, and to lower the false-positive rates in testing.
You and your skills
You use your skills as analysis engineer and your passion for security in embedded systems to expand your technical insights and to build and maintain a network that includes people from all areas in the company. You have experience within the field of security by design. You are curious and want to contribute to develop ground breaking technology. Driven by customer focus you get things done. You are committed to high delivery quality, and have the ability to proceed your work without having all facts at hand before you start. You are flexible and have excellent communication and documentation skills. You are experienced with agile development and familiar with software development best practices.
We believe that you have following basic skills and qualifications:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in Software, Electrical or Computer engineering, or equivalent education.
- A strong understanding for the threat landscape of a connected device and the mitigation mechanisms needed for protection.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience of developing security solutions in vehicle or other embedded environment.
- Proficient in programming languages such as C/C++ and Python/Bash/CAPL
- Fluent language skills in English, both in written and oral form.
With following preferred skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience on vehicle networks and communication protocols such as CAN, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.11x, BLE, and Bluetooth
- Experience of one or several tools such as Wireshark, CANalyzer and CANoe
- Previous knowledge of automotive related standards such as UDS and SOME/IP
- Experience with secure boot mechanism, secure communication protocols, Public Key Infrastructure, cryptographic algorithms etc.
- Experience with reverse engineering, pen-testing for embedded devices
- Experience of Metasploit framework and Kali Linux OS.
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) certification
- Other security related certifications such as OSCP and CEH.
Please note: We do not accept applications via email.
Location for this position is onsite in Lund, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact team manager(s) Karl-Gustav Johansson, email@example.com and Ulf Edvardsson, firstname.lastname@example.org or senior recruiter Daniel Sanfridsson (email@example.com) regarding the recruiting process.
As we use our own channels for recruitment we respectfully but strictly decline to be contacted for any offer of recruitment assistance from external companies.
About Volvo Cars
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future