Do you want to lead the change?
At Volvo Cars, we are always looking for world-class leaders who bring out the best in our people. If you want to be part of leading and inspiring our mission to change the automotive experience and make people’s lives less complicated, then we have the job for you.
The Base Software is responsible all the way from research and advanced engineering to implementation, verification and validation of current and future customer offers.
Base Software consist of over 900 ambitious and skilled engineers and is responsible for;
* Base Technologies for the Electrical System
* Power and Energy
* Electrical Hardware System Design
* Core System Platform
* Comfort Functions
* Body Functions
What we offer
Would you like to pioneer the development of our future Electrical System, drive innovation and help contribute to the delivery of breakthrough experiences for thousands of our end customers worldwide? Base Software are looking for Team Managers with leadership skills to coach the
teams into high performing teams.
What do I do
• I am a servant leader for my teams
• I prepare and drive long term technical strategies and set objectives accordingly in close collaboration with the POs
• I actively participate in technical discussions to stay updated in my technology domain to guide and coach my teams
• I support my teams in their everyday work by being present and attentive to their needs
• I challenge my teams to continuously learn
• I listen closely to identify and solve escalated team impediments with main attention on flow and escalate when needed
• I recruit highly skilled individuals in line with identified capability and competence needs
• I work closely with related Scrum Masters and Product Owners to understand my teams’ situations and needs
• I facilitate real-time data transparency e.g. visualization of KPIs, Quality metrics, Test coverage etc
• I support suppliers becoming a part of our agile development and collaborate closely with procurement when doing so
• I am responsible for my employees work environment according to defined tasks
• I am responsible for all HR employee related processes (e.g. salary setting, appraisals, goal setting)
• I attend ceremonies and formal procedures on request or when relevant (e.g. demos, PI planning, retrospectives)
• I encourage, facilitate and support team celebrations for team achievements
• I stay updated and drive continuous improvements related to my responsibilities (e.g. tools, IT, flow, ways of working)
• I proactively work with competence development to assure the right competence in line with long term technical strategies
• I guide and coach in agile development
Do you fit the profile
You are a senior professional with a genuine interest and engagement in team leadership and personal development. We believe you are highly efficient in communicating with technical and non-technical teams, executive management, partners and customers.
• Around 10 years of relevant work experience and experience within people management
• Development experience, preferably in an agile environment
• Experience in supplier handling and bought service contractual handling in an international setting is a plus
How to learn more and apply
If you have any questions regarding the positions please contact Henrik Svensson firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the recruitment process, please contact Anna Åhlin email@example.com
We want your application at the latest 18 May 2018. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.