The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
System Architect V2X @ Connectivity
At Product & Quality you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
The department, In Car Digital, is part of the Vehicle Software & Electronics unit within P&Q and is responsible for electrical systems and components in the areas of Driver Interaction (Instrument Cluster, Entertainment Displays, Switches, and Climate Control), HMI and Infotainment (Audio, Antenna and Tuners, Navigation, Telephony, Bluetooth, and Connectivity).
We work in an agile framework, SAFe, and in this framework we have defined an agile release train called “Connectivity”. The Connectivity ART enables connectivity for Vehicle to anything (V2X) and works with the Volvo On Call platform including remote control services and apps connected to this. We also secure internet connection and provide digital app content including workshop booking. V2X is an emerging technology area and as such Volvo Cars do not have any reference or legacy solutions to be used. As a System Architect it is expected that you will be driving the creation of a technology strategy for the how to implement and integrate the V2X based technology stacks, including antennas, RF, MAC, Application Processors and software, into the Electrical and Mechanical architecture of Volvo Cars vehicles. This will include working with suppliers and technology providers to better understand the technology available and also support within advanced engineering efforts to build competence for the company within V2X technology.
As the technology mature a System Architect for V2X within the Connectivity ART will be responsible for designing our system solutions for the V2X connectivity with the purpose of fulfilling Volvo Cars V2X objectives. This work includes understanding high level requirements and breaking them down into smaller chunks that can be handled by our scrum teams.
You will support the Product Manager and Product Owners in prioritizing items in the backlog within your area.
Main responsibilities (short term)
- Secure a cost effective system solution for supporting V2X connectivity in Volvo Cars vehicle architectures.
- Build competence for the company within V2X implementations by collaboration with suppliers and participating in advanced engineering efforts.
Main responsibilities (long term)
- Use knowledge in V2X area to develop items in the PM backlog based on high level requirements
- Draft the team’s specific objectives for the upcoming program increment
- Participate in Sprint Team Demo and Retrospective (as requested by the team)
- Coordinate content dependencies with other PM, PO’s and other ART’s when necessary
- Contribute to the Program Increment (PI) system demo for program stakeholders to ensure that it will show the most critical aspects of the solution to the stakeholders
- Participate as a member of the extended Product Management team and review and contribute to the program-level vision, roadmap, and content presentations
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of the development of V2X strategies
- Have a good understanding of both DSRC and C-V2X based technology stacks and solutions
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably as a System Architect in the same area.
- SW development experience, preferably in an agile environment
- BSc degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Master the English language both spoken and in writing
- Business and end customer value understanding
- Documented experience of development working in the automobile industry
- Knowledge of Volvo Cars development process in general as well as the electrical development process
- Genuine interest and engagement in management questions and personal development
- Ability to independently plan, drive and follow up your work towards objectives
- Structured, accurate and skilled to summarize and present status of your work
- Significant people skills and the innate ability to navigate the political landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teams, executive management, partners and customers
- Strong team player and relationship builder
- Ability to show courage and build confidence
Location for this position is onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. Please contact hiring manager Begnt-Arne Hogström if you have any questions about the position: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp or senior recruiter Mikael Dewrang email@example.comHelp regarding the recruiting process.
Please note: We do not accept applications via email.