Netrounds offers you a challenging role in an exciting company with clear ambitions for growth as a Server-side/Storage Expert!
You will be based in the head office, which is located in the city center of Luleå, Sweden, working in the R&D Team in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
Academic Work is on behalf of our client Netrounds looking for a senior software developer to Netrounds head office in Luleå. You will be offered a challenging role working in the R&D Team in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
Netrounds provides innovative software solutions that enable telecom operators to deliver services to end-users with premium quality, using less operational resources. They are on an exciting journey to bring their technology to the international telecom market where the goal is to become a leading player within network testing and service assurance.
At Netrounds, they like to set ambitious goals and continuously strive to innovate and push themselves further. In addition, their core values of Learning and Caring shine through in all that they do. This is something that they are proud of, and they think that it not only says a lot about them, but also a lot about who they are looking for.
As an agile team, they innovate and drive change in the telecom space through collaboration with industry leaders like Cisco, Orange, Alcatel-Lucent and Amdocs. Netrounds is also recognized as a Fast50 technology company by Deloitte.
Academic Work is responsible for the recruitment process but the candidate that proceed will be employed directly by Netrounds.
As a senior software engineer in our Test Agent team, you will be a key resource for improving the scalability, performance, and precision of our Test Agents.
For example, you will:
- Investigate, design, and implement new test tools using C and Python, that measures the performance of IP networks and network services.
- Configure the Linux kernel for highest possible performance and precision.
- Build images for different platforms.
Master of Science in computer science, preferably a major in software development or software design. This role requires about 5 years of relevant experience.
- Business English required (written and oral)
High skill levels with the following are required:
- Scalable software architecture and design
- Linux and OS internals (for example scheduling, network stack and syscalls)
- Network protocol stack (OSI model)
- BSD socket programming
- Multithreaded and multiprocess programming
- Code profiling and optimization
- Shell scripting
- Tool chains for cross compilation
- Software package creation (deb, rpm)
Moderate skill levels with the following are required:
- Amazon Web Services
- API design and programming (RESTful, XML/RPC, JSON/RPC)
- Regression testing
We use GIT for version control, Jenkins for test automation, and Jira/Confluence for Agile planning and documentation.
Characteristics of the ideal applicant:
- The applicant should be well structured we write code the way others wish they had.
- The applicant should be a true team player we care for our colleagues, as well as our customers. We are trustworthy and we always speak and code the truth.
- The applicant should embrace a changing environment we expect change to be constant; therefore, we move forward with agility, making us flexible in finding quick solutions.
- The applicant should be ambitious and committed we set big goals and we never give up in achieving them. We strive to be best-in-class in all we do.
- Start: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Luleå
- This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The request from Netrounds is that all questions regarding the position is handled by
- Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
- We do not handle applications through e-mail, but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us at email@example.comHelp and we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail. For general considerations about your applications/our recruitment process, we are often available in our chat function on our web during weekdays. Feel free to contact us there!
PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
When sending your application to Academic Work you approve and agree on Academic Work handling your personal information according to Personal Data Act. For more information read about PUL
Academic Work is Home of the young professionals. This means that most of our jobs are relevant for you who are studying at university or has completed your studies and are in the beginning of your career. You can work as a consultant on a specific assignment, be recruited directly by one of our clients through our recruitment service or start you career by working internally at any of our Academic Work offices. Find more information on our website www.academicwork.se.
Read more about Netrounds here